In SOLIDWORKS Manage 2019, we can update PDM variables within Manage, giving us full control of our documents in one place.
How to update SOLIDWORKS Manage PDM Variables
- Start Manage and open the Administration Options…
- Structures > Documents & Records
- Select the PDM Object > Edit
- From the SOLIDWORKS PDM Configuration Wizard select the Fields screen
- Select the Field you’d like to drive the Variable and select Edit
- Select Updates PDM Variable
- Note: The Manage field type and PDM variable must be compatible data types.
- Select Finish
- Save and close the SOLIDWORKS PDM Configuration Wizard
After these customizations, users will only need to update a value via Manage and the appropriate PDM values will be updated automatically…Making SOLIDWORKS Manage a ‘One Stop Shop’ for all your data management needs.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: