SOLIDWORKS eDrawings 2019 now gives you the ability to preview different configurations of a file other than the one that was active when the file was last saved.
This new functionality can allow users to quickly view a specific configuration visually, without having to open the file in SOLIDWORKS.
This new ability to preview other configurations is possible because eDrawings is now able to take advantage of Display Lists that have been saved in SOLIDWORKS models. (This functionality was introduced in SOLIDWORKS 2018 for use with Large Design Review Mode).
Preparing your SOLIDWORKS File
In order to get access to the configurations in eDrawings, the file must be prepared in SOLIDWORKS first.
To do this:
- open the file in either SOLIDWORKS 2018 or SOLIDWORKS 2019.
- Go to the Configuration Manager tab and right-click on the configuration that you would like to be able to see in eDrawings.
- If you are using SOLIDWORKS 2018, you will see an option to “Add Large Design Review Mark”.
- If you are using SOLIDWORKS 2019, this has been renamed to “Add Display Data Mark”.
- Enable this for any configurations that you want to see in eDrawings and save the file.
Please note: enabling the Display Data Mark will cause the file size to grow and saves will take longer as the graphics information is being generated for each of the configurations marked, each time your save!
Certified SOLIDWORKS Services available from Javelin
Javelin can help you to: