During the process of restoring a SOLIDWORKS Manage database, you could receive the error “Could not Authenticate!” if you try to test the Sites Properties.
Reason for this error
The reason for this error is an incomplete procedure for restoring the SOLIDWORKS Manage database and this can cause a miss authentication on the File Server.
How to fix the Can not Authenticate error
To fix the issue, you can rename the .swmc file contained in the FileServer folder.
- Browse to the folder Fileserver folder
- Select the file *.swmc present in the folder
- Rename it to SWManage.swmc
- Open SOLIDWORKS Manage and select the SWManage.swmc file renamed, because the previous one will not be present
- Go to System administration > Sites and run the test for FileServer