In a previous post we talked about SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard which is included with SOLIDWORKS Professional and Premium software with an active SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service. But what about SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional? What is the difference between the Standard and Professional versions?
Well the professional version is a more comprehensive tool that not only allows you to easily create photo-realistic images but also create animations, and interactive content. With Visualize Professional you can tell a deeper product story using your existing CAD data by generating photo-quality imagery, interactive animations, and 360 degree spins to effectively communicate the most complex design.
What’s Included with the Professional Version?
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional includes all the great features of SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard, plus these additional features:
- Demonstrate products more effectively with full animation of parts, models, appearances, camera views, and environments
- Quickly show off the final design with one-click 360 degree spins
- Work with exploded views directly from SOLIDWORKS configurations
- Create interactive web content (VR and Panorama)
- Camera fly-by videos
- Create interactive presentations
- Present and compare varying design solutions side-by-side with multiple viewports
- Unleash your creative side with customizable Camera Filters
- Instantly boost productivity and performance with integrated Render QUEUE and render farms that easily scale to meet even the most demanding schedules
Here is a comparison table for standard vs professional:
|Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)|
|Hybrid Render Mode|
|Intuitive User Interface|
|CAD and Graphic File Support|
|Interactive Depth of Field|
|Import SOLIDWORKS Animations|
and Motion Studies
|Full Animation Suite|
|Visualize Boost Support|
|PowerBoost Real-time Network Rendering|
|Browser-based Interactive Image|
and Panoramic Outputs
|Customizable Photographic Camera Filters|
|Integrated Render Queue|
|New Area Lights and Light Placement|
|Create VR Content|
Example animation created with Professional
With the professional version you can create convincing, lifelike movies for product comparisons, print, web, design reviews, sales/marketing, or even interactive experiences. Take a look at the product animation below which demonstrates all the features of a cooking consumer product in a simple but impactful way:
Which medium better describes your design concept?
A technical drawing? Or computer generated animation that looks identical to filming the real product? In today’s world, photorealistic content throughout the design process is not only the standard, it’s actually expected. To make the right design and engineering decisions, you need to utilize photorealistic immersive content, much more than a technical drawing could describe. Understanding how designs and products look in the ‘real world’ is a key component in any design review or customer purchasing decision.
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional enables designers and engineers across all industries to create compelling visual content of their designs that’s a step beyond “photorealistic” with unparalleled ease and flexibility. By creating compelling photo-quality visual content of products early in the design process, a more informed design comparison decision can be made, as well as receiving useful early feedback from sales teams and potential customers.
Benefits of the Professional version for your business
By improving concepts that are viewed throughout the design, development, and marketing phases, SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional helps users select, validate, improve, and sell the best and most robust design concepts before committing expensive engineering, prototyping, and marketing resources to the project. It helps reduce errors and ensure that products get to market faster:
- Improve internal design, engineering, and sales reviews to help make more educated final decisions
- Drastically reduce the cost and number of physical prototypes, helping to arrive at final design decisions much more efficiently
- Deliver photo-quality imagery and content to marketing much earlier to help promote the newest products via web and print
- Added time savings allow for more design time, which results in an overall better final product
Get more information about SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional
Do you have to invest in expensive photo-shoots or production filming? Do you have to wait until the final product is available before you create your marketing content? As you can see with SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional you can create sales and marketing content during the design process and be able to start marketing before your product is actually released.
Talk to a Javelin sales representative to learn more about the professional versions, get pricing, obtain a free trial, and understand how it can impact your business.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: