How to create a Fade-in-out effect for Digger views in SOLIDWORKS Composer animations
The SOLIDWORKS Composer Digger tool lets you zoom parts of your model to show a detail view of complex geometry, you can change opacity, visibility, and capture a 2D image.
Follow the steps below to use the SOLIDWORKS Composer Digger in animations and apply a fade in and fade out effect without using the actual fade in and fade out tools on the timeline.
- Place the timeline bar at 2.5 seconds where-ever you want the digger size to be maximum.Now toggle on digger using space-bar or Home > Digger tool.
- In the view-port drag the center of interest on the geometry actor you would like to zoom in onto.
- Resize the digger using the radius handle and click on set digger key on timeline toolbar, to capture the digger key in key track.
- Copy the step 1 digger key by holding Ctrl and dragging and dropping it at 2 seconds.
- Using the radius handle reduce the digger circle size.
- Capture new digger size by settings the digger key again.
I copied the digger from step 1 to step 2 position to maintain the location of digger in viewport.
- Now copy the digger key in timeline from 2.5 sec to 3.5 sec holding Ctrl + drag and drop.
- This will allow us to maintain the same digger size between 2.5- 3.5 seconds.
- Copy the digger key from 2 seconds to 4 seconds, this will allow us to maintain the same position and (small) size of the digger circle.
- Place the timeline bar at 4.5 seconds
- Toggle the digger off using space- bar or Home > digger tool and now capture the digger key again to make sure digger remains off through out the animation.
Hence, just resizing the digger helps us to create the fade-in and fade-out effect while using digger tool in animation.
Learn more about the SOLIDWORKS Composer Digger
To learn more about the SOLIDWORKS Composer Digger, we invite you to attend a SOLIDWORKS Composer Essentials training course either in a Canadian city near you or live online.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: