You should create SOLIDWORKS Electrical Passive Symbols for the following situations:
- Symbol has no mark defined
- Symbol is not be shown on Bill of materials,
- Symbol has no manufacturer part information defined
- Or the Symbol does not consume a device mark or a device tag.
A few examples of passive symbols are ground, wire crossings and terminal jumpers.
Passive Symbols are stored in the database for the projects but are not taken into account in processing or reports.
How to convert a regular symbol into a passive symbol?
To create a SOLIDWORKS Electrical Passive Symbol follow these steps:
- Go to Library Tab > Symbols manager > Filter and locate the symbol you want to convert into passive symbol
- Right click on symbol > symbol properties
- Now change the symbol type from regular schematic, wire diagram or connection label type to passive symbol.
- Once the symbol is changed into passive symbol type it should disappear from the bill of material list in the reports.
Read our blog article to learn why you should use SOLIDWORKS Electrical Passive Symbols.