SOLIDWORKS CAM is a fully integrated, Knowledge Based Machining (KBM) technology that allows you to integrate 3D design and manufacturing processes under one system; to evaluate designs earlier in the process to avoid unexpected costs and delays in finishing products on time.
SOLIDWORKS CAM leverages the rich content in the 3D CAD model to speed up product development and reduce error prone, time consuming, repetitive manual steps in the current development process, like programming CNC machines. Knowledge Based Machining (KBM) is the foundation for streamlining the programming process, learning as you program which frees up your time to focus on the critical areas of the components.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard Training
This course teaches how to use the SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard software to generate, modify and post process 2.5 axis milling toolpaths used for the machining of SOLIDWORKS part files. Lessons include:
- Lesson 1: SOLIDWORKS CAM Basics and User Interface
- Lesson 2: Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) and Operation Modification
- Lesson 3: Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR)
- Lesson 4: Interactive Operations
- Lesson 5: Merging Features and Operations
- Lesson 6: Avoid and Contain Areas
- Lesson 7: Pattern Features and Mirror Toolpaths
- Lesson 8: Advanced Features and Operations
- Lesson 9: Customizing the Technology Database
The training course is available to take live online and takes 5 Days (5 hours per day) to complete.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional Training
This course teaches how to use the SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional software to machine parts utilizing advanced functionality such as: CAM or SOLIDWORKS configurations, VoluMill™, mill machining in the context of an assembly, and 3 plus 2 machining. Additionally, the course teaches you how to generate, modify and post process 2 axis turning toolpaths used for the machining of SOLIDWORKS part files.
- Lesson 1: SOLIDWORKS CAM Configurations
- Lesson 2: High Speed Machining (VoluMill™)
- Lesson 3: Assembly Machining
- Lesson 4: 3 Plus 2 Machining
- Lesson 5: Turning Basics
- Lesson 6: Chucks, ID Features and Operations
- Lesson 7: Modifying Feature and Operation Parameters
- Lesson 8: Probing
The training course is also available to take live online and takes 4 Days (4 hours per day) to complete.
Upcoming Related Event
Become a SOLIDWORKS Expert by watching a LIVE Broadcast in October to learn What's New in SOLIDWORKS 2022, plus learn about 3D Scanning, and Additive Manufacturing.