Training Course Contents
This course teaches how to use the SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional software to machine parts utilizing advanced functionality such as: CAM or SOLIDWORKS configurations, VoluMill™, mill machining in the context of an assembly, and 3 plus 2 machining. Additionally, the course teaches how to generate, modify and post process 2 axis turning toolpaths used for the machining of SOLIDWORKS part files.
This training course will help you to:
- Learn High Speed Machining and creating VoluMill Toolpaths.
- Using the SOLIDWORKS CAM Assembly mode for machining, using a vise, and split instance.
- Understand 3 Plus 2 Machining and working with a Tombstone.
- Learn Turning basics and generating NC code.
- Modify features.
- Use Probes.
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: SOLIDWORKS CAM Configurations
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Product
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Configurations
- Case Study: Using Configurations Working With CAM Configurations
- Exercise 1: Generate Toolpaths for Part Configurations
Lesson 2: High Speed Machining (VoluMill™)
- VoluMill Overview
- Case Study: Using VoluMill
- VoluMill Settings
- VoluMill Technology Expert
- Exercise 2: Create VoluMill Toolpaths
Lesson 3: Assembly Machining
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Assembly Mode
- Case Study: Assembly Machining Using a Vise
- Part Manager
- Stock Manager
- Setup Parameters
- Case Study: Assembly Machining -Programming with Subroutines
- Case Study: Assembly Machining - Multiple Parts
- Case Study: Assembly Machining Split Instance
- Import Part Data
- Split Instance
- Split Setup
- Exercise 3: Assembly Mode Machining
- Exercise 4: Assembly Mode Multi-vise Machining
- Exercise 5: Assembly Mode Split Instance
Lesson 4: 3 Plus 2 Machining
- 3 Plus 2 Machining (Indexing)
- Case Study: 3 Plus 2 - Part Machining
- Case Study: Assembly Machining with a Tombstone
- Exercise 6: 3 Plus 2 Machining
Lesson 5: Turning Basics
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Turning Overview
- Case Study: Generate Toolpaths and NC Code
- Machinable Features
- Case Study: Interactive Features and Operations
- New Turn Feature
- Exercise 7: Basic Turning Process
- Exercise 8: Interactive Turn Features
Lesson 6: Chucks, ID Features and Operations
- Section Method
- Case Study: Using Plane Section
- Double Chucking
- Case Study: Using Double Chucks
- Exercise 9: Chucks, ID and OD Features
Lesson 7: Modifying Feature and Operation Parameters
- Case Study: Custom Chuck, OD and Thread Features
- Editing Toolpaths
- Exercise 10: Modifying Features and Operations
Lesson 8: Probing
- Introduction to Probing
- Probe Operation
- Case Study: Probing Operations - Part 1
- Case Study: Probing Operations - Part 2
- Case Study: Probing Operations - Part 3
- Exercise 11: Using Probing Tools
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional course can be included in custom training for your business