The Standard in CAD/CAM Tools
With SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard, (included with all desktop versions of SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software) you will be able to enhance your manufacturing process by capturing company standards, speed up quoting, and test manufacturability of a design earlier in the process. By using rules-based machining, your business can automatically apply standard strategies to determine how long it will take to make a part and if it could easily be machined.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard Features
Combines design and manufacturing in one application with an easy-to-use interface
The use of knowledge-based machining and rules-based machining allows new users to adapt to a
company’s machining process readily, and allows for:
- Recognizing any updated geometry as the model changes through feature updates or newly imported parts.
- Assigning machining strategies based on features that are recognized.
- Updating machining strategies if a design’s tolerance changes.
- Rules-based machining enables designers and engineers to:
- Catch design errors and new part setups through Automatic Feature Recognition.
- Quote components quickly using company standards captured as rules.
Tolerance Based Machining
Model Based Definition (MBD) is leveraged to ensure machining strategies are automatically adjusted based on tolerance specifications. Reading tolerances and surface finishes will help you to make decisions about how to manufacture your product. Programming output is automatically changed based on adjustments to the design, material, or tolerances.
3 Axis Milling
SOLIDWORKS CAM includes 3 axis milling routines to machine complex, contoured surfaces routinely encountered in mold/tool making and aerospace applications.
- Adaptive roughing strategy provides the ability to cut using the full depth of the tool and safely run your machine at optimum speed. This can reduce machining time up to 40% over conventional roughing with less wear.
- 3 Axis finishing operations include parallel slice cut, constant stepover, Z-level, curve project, and others
- Z Level/Constant stopover combination operation can be used for machining steep and shallower slope areas in one toolpath.
- All 3 Axis milling operations support rest or leftover machining. Rest machining is used to reduce air cutting by restricting toolpaths to areas within the feature that have not been machined previously.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard Benefits
Seamless integration of 3D design and Manufacturing
Connected to SOLIDWORKS
Direct or “deep” integration allows SOLIDWORKS CAM to take advantage of information in your 3D CAD model so it’s easy for your team to make better, more-informed decisions.
Utilizes tolerance-based machining
Use SOLIDWORKS Model-Based Definition (MBD) to ensure machining strategies are automatically adjusted based on tolerance specifications.
Easily standardizes processes
While SOLIDWORKS CAM can be used like any other CAM software—setting up operations, picking tools, setting speeds and feeds—the real advantage is found running SOLIDWORKS CAM in the automated mode (also called “rules-based” machining).
SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard Resources
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS CAM through our Resource Library
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software