You can backup and archive SOLIDWORKS Electrical Projects individually rather than taking a backup of the whole electrical data using the Environmental archive.
Archiving a project backs up all of the documents and data within it, as well as items required for design work like symbols, title blocks, and settings. The project archive command is available from the Project Manager Tab.
NOTE: You must close a project before archiving it, except if it is only open in your workstation.
During the project archiving, the project is locked for all other users
Archiving the Project:
One or multiple projects can be archived through File > Project manager > this will launch the Project Manager > Select the projects from the list > Click on the Archive button on the Management Tab.
Under the Archive on the Management tab there are two options:
1. Using Archive Selected Projects:
The first option – Archive selected projects — allows you to archive the projects you selected. Several messages can appear, asking you to update drawings, include snapshots.
One or multiple projects can be selected using Ctrl and then click on Archive > Archive Wizard > Archive selected projects.
Now the Save As dialog-box opens us and allows us to save the project (.proj.twezip)
2. Using Archive Wizard:
The second command (Archive wizard) opens a wizard allowing you to select options.
One or multiple projects can be selected using Ctrl and then Click on Archive > Archive Wizard > Archive Wizard > This launches the Archive Project Wizard dialog box. This gives us an options to archive the project with the dependencies:
- Choose project language: Allows to change the project language when unarchiving it.
- Update report and terminal strip drawings: Allows to update the report and terminal strip drawings (according to the project configuration settings)
- Include shortcut targets: Allows to include or not the files managed by the shortcut.
- Include application data: This option allows you to include all the elements (Application data) you use in the project (symbols, title blocks, configurations etc.)
- 3D external files: This option when it is selected, allows you to include in the archive file the 3D files used in the project. A special button allows you to calculate the size of these files.
- Attached images: This option when it is selected, allows you to include in the attached image files used in the project. A special button allows you to calculate the size of these files.