SOLIDWORKS Manage 2021 allows you to share files with people who do not have Manage installed on their systems, through an HTTP link to the Web Plenary client. To share a file, simply right-click it and select Share.
This will show you a screen where you can select several options, such as:
- Display name: the name seen by the person who receives the link.
- Security options: protect your link with a password and/or determine an expiry date.
- Send e-mail or Copy link: you can choose to send an e-mail from Manage itself or copy the link to the clipboard and paste it into an existing e-mail, an instant messenger chat or a document.
Enabling File Share
Note that this feature is not enabled by default. To enable it, the Administrator needs to follow these steps:
- The Web Plenary client must be up and running
- Under Administration > Structures > Web Options, the permissions to the users who can use the Web Plenary Client must be configured, as well as the HTTP location for the links (e.g. https://swmanage.acme.com)
The document record whose files will be shared must be configured in two places:
- Under Access Rights > Additional Rights > Settings 4, the permissions to share via e-mail and/or via link must be set.
- Under File Sharing, the option Enable File Sharing must be selected. Optionally, the other settings may be configured.
After the settings above are completed, the Share command will provide a link like the one shown below.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: