In SOLIDWORKS Composer it is possible to export and import the views you have created. For example, if you have a composer assembly where you have created a few views and you are using the same model in another composer assembly rather than recreating the views all over again, they can be exported from one .SMG and then imported to another .SMG
To Export the views from the composer assembly follow the steps below:
- Go to the Views Tab. Now select views using Ctrl or Shift.
- Right-click on one of the selected views and Choose “Export Views”
- Now on the Export views dialogue box> give a file name to the .smgView file.
- Click Save.
To Import the views in composer assembly follow the steps below:
- Go to the Views Tab in the receiving document.
- Right-click on the empty space within the View Tab and Choose “Import Views”
- Browse to and select the .smgView file saved earlier, click Open.
- The view(s) will appear in the view pane.
Note: If the receiving document doesn’t have actors with the same names (NetGuids), then the new views will be empty and you will need to show the actors manually through the Assembly tab. Also, 2D images such as digger views are not exported.
Learn more about Composer
To learn more about SOLIDWORKS Composer attend our SOLIDWORKS Composer Essentials training course either in a classroom near you or live online.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: