A quick way to create a walkthrough style animation in 3DVIA Composer is by using the Fly Through Mode tool and capture various “stops” along the way. Here’s how:
1. Go into animation mode in Composer.
2. Set the timebar in the timeline at the zero mark.
3. Start the Fly Through Mode tool. It defaults to a speed of 5.0, Click in the viewport and then press the up or down arrow keys to increase or decrease the speed. I find a speed of 1.0 is suitable.
4. Set your initial view Camera orientation. Likely this will be somewhere outside the assembly you want to “walk” through. Position the view as desired, make sure the animation timeline is at the zero mark, and click the “Set Camera Keys” tool.
5. Update the timebar to the next desired time (eg. 1 second).
6. Hold the left mouse button to move forward (or right button to go back). Steer by moving the mouse.
7. Once the view “flys” to the desired position release the mouse button.
8. Click on the “Set Camera Keys” button again. This will record the new position at the set time.
9. Repeat steps 5 to 8 until you have finished the walkthru.
Note: Set multiple keys if you are changing directions / turning. Composer will “cut the corner” if there are too few camera keys. It is possible to go back and add keys if necessary.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: