Did you just receive your SOLIDWORKS Composer serial number and want to install it on your computer? If so then this article is for you.
Before starting anything check the following prerequisites:
- Check the hardware and operating system’s compatibility:
Notice that SolidWorks Composer is not yet supported on Windows 8.
- Login to your computer with full administrative rights. You are asking why? You can find the answer here:
- Turn down the User Account Control setting (found in the Control Panel). To do this, press your Windows button, either on the screen or on the keyboard. Then type “UAC” followed by the Enter key. The window that follows shows a vertical scroll bar. Make the setting “Never Notify” for the installation (requires restarting the computer to take effect) and change it back after installing, if you prefer.
- Disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware tools.
Now that all the prerequisites are satisfied follow the steps below:
- Open your control panel and navigate to “Programs and features”. Select SolidWorks installation and press “Change”.
- In the next window select “Modify the individual …” option and press next.
- Make sure that SolidWorks Composer is selected and its serial number has been entered.
- In the “Product selection” page you may see that “SolidWorks Composer player” is selected. As soon as you deselect it, the “SolidWorks Composer” option will be available.
- Select “SolidWorks Composer” and hit “Next”
- Verify all the information on the screen and continue with the installation.
- Click the Install (or Download and Install) button to continue.
- SOLIDWORKS Composer will install at this time.