One of the great things about the internet is how it has simplified many aspects of our lives. You can order nearly anything online quickly and easily with a smart phone or tablet. How valuable would the internet be, however, if you ordered something but did not get what you ordered? For example, imagine your frustration if you booked a hotel room in Hawaii, only to find upon arrival that the reservation you made was not shared with the hotel.
With DriveWorks, we take every opportunity to integrate and automate all business processes related to sales, design and manufacturing. DriveWorks will automatically generate a wealth of information that can be used in many facets of a business.
One of the most important pieces of data when a product has to be built is the Bill of Materials (BOM). BOM data is typically imported into an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system so that materials can be ordered and jobs can be generated and tracked in the shop. Accurate BOM’s are especially important if the final assembly of a product is completed onsite. Errors can occur for many different reasons, including when BOM’s are manually typed into an ERP system.
With DriveWorks, once the product has been specified, an accurate BOM is generated automatically and can be prepared for electronic upload into ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Syspro, Epicor, Syteline and others.
DriveWorks has the ability to access information that resides in an ERP system. Some examples include:
- Inventory on hand. Will a product be made new or from an existing part that is modified?
- If selecting a size, DriveWorks can review what sizes or options are available from an existing table and show it as an option from a pull down list.
- Pricing data to facilitate quote creation.
Here is a list of items that can be automatically generated by DriveWorks within Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems:
- New Account
- New Attachment
- New Contact
- New Entry for Named Entry
- New Opportunity
- New Line Item
- New Price Book Entry
- New Product
- New Quote
As a user of NetSuite since 2007, I can assure you that reliable automation will generate any or all of the above and can save you and your business significant time and money.
A website developed using DriveWorks gives you access-based identification much like Facebook or LinkedIn. In other words, when you log in, the system knows who you are. This capability enables the system to automate tasks such as:
- Auto-populating contact details on quotes, drawings or other documents.
- Establishing discount rates for a given dealer.
- Establishing exchange rates if the customer uses a different currency.
- Calculating shipping charges for the product to reach the intended destination.
DriveWorks enables manufacturing companies to connect Product Configuration to Sales and Manufacturing. Integrating web-based configuration with enterprise systems ensures that information gets passed between systems electronically, efficiently and with pinpoint accuracy. Documents such as quotes and drawings will automatically be created with the right information and will be easily managed. If you are looking for the competitive edge, Automate to Dominate using DriveWorks.
Want to dominate your competition?
Join us for this upcoming webinar where we will discuss the many ways DriveWorks Design Automation & Sales Configuration can help your business Automate to Dominate.
Topics will include:
- Automated Quoting – Integrated Product Specification and Automated Quote Generation
- Automated Drawings (and other manufacturing content)
- Automated Library Creation (Complete libraries overnight or over time)
- Automated Integration with enterprise business systems (ERP, CRM)
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: