SOLIDWORKS Electrical Harness Design often requires the inclusion of many connectors. Creating a super part for each connector will simplify the repeated creation process while dynamic connectors allow full control over their insertion on the schematic. Connector sub-parts not included in the main connector assembly can be added to the super part, such as: backshells, bushings, grommets, or caps.
A SOLIDWORKS Electrical Super Part is simply a collection of individual parts and their respective circuits. With super part, manufacturer parts can also be associated with specific terminals and accurately represented on the drawing and bill of materials.
Creating a connector super part
- Creating a SOLIDWORKS Electrical Super Part:
- Navigate to the Manufacturer parts manager > Select the Add Manufacturer part menu > Choose Add Super part > Specify the class as connectors:
- Populating the super part with connector parts:
- Select Add and find the main connector assembly and any necessary sub-parts
- Assign the super part to the connector
- Create a new connector in the component tree > Right click the connector > Select Assign manufacturer parts
- To associate manufacturer parts, such as ferrules, to specific connector terminals:
- Right click the connector > Select properties > Manufacturer parts and circuits > Highlight any part specific pins > Select Edit terminals > Modify terminal marks to desired pin location
- Add any necessary connector configurations to the project:
- Project > Configurations > Connector > Select an appropriate configuration > Add to project
- Insert the connector:
- Open a schematic drawing > Right click the connector > Insert connector > Select desired pins > Select configuration > Insert
- All associated connector parts are now inserted on the schematic and represented in the bill of materials.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS Electrical
Attend a SOLIDWORKS Electrical training course in a Canadian classroom near you or live online. For more information about electrical software and training solutions call 1-877-219-6757.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: