DraftSight packaging and licensing has changed for the latest release. The biggest change is the fact that DraftSight Standard is no longer available and has been merged with DraftSight Professional.
What makes DraftSight different from previous versions?
DraftSight 2021 is the beginning of the next chapter in the journey to develop innovative design solutions for users. DraftSight gives you the freedom to do more with a 2D drafting and 3D design experience that lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D and 3D DWG file design. Its familiar user interface facilitates a quick transition from your current CAD application. Learn about the latest release in the video below:
What is the new pricing and packaging?
DraftSight is available as four different packages, two packages are for professional organizations, and tow packages are available for individuals.
DraftSight Packages for Organizations
The first two packages, DraftSight Enterprise, and DraftSight Enterprise Plus are ideal for professional organizations that need technical support and network licensing:
- For large organizations with many users or multiple sites that need an advanced 2D CAD drafting solution with powerful, productivity boosting features and API to help bring their designs to life quickly and easily.
- It includes all DraftSight Professional features, plus full technical support and network licensing to enable concurrent usage across the organization.
- Exclusively sold via your local SOLIDWORKS Reseller as an annual subscription (US$399/year) or a perpetual license (US$499/license + US$299/maintenance). Minimum of 2 licenses required for purchase.
- Subscription: 12-month term OR Non-Subscription + Maintenance Upgrade: 12 months.
- Existing Perpetual DraftSight Enterprise customers can renew their licenses for the US$299 maintenance price.
- Contact us to purchase DraftSight Enterprise »
DraftSight Enterprise Plus
- For large organizations with many users or multiple sites that need a robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience to help meet their needs on drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing.
- It includes all DraftSight Enterprise features plus a comprehensive set of 3D DWG design and constraint capabilities, full technical support and network licensing to enable concurrent usage across the organization.
- Exclusively sold via Resellers as an annual subscription (US$699) or perpetual license (US$899/license + $499/maintenance).
- Contact us to purchase DraftSight Enterprise Plus »
DraftSight Packages for Individuals
There are two packages available for individuals, a Professional and Premium version:
PLEASE NOTE: DraftSight Professional and Premium are only offered as a 12-month subscription (the non-subscription is no longer offered for these products. DraftSight Enterprise and Enterprise Plus are offered as both subscription and non-subscription). There is no technical support available for individual versions, obtain an Enterprise License for support.
- For professionals that need an advanced 2D CAD drafting solution with powerful, productivity boosting features and API to help bring their designs to life quickly and easily.
- New features include: Using Formulas in Table Cells, Block Attribute Manager, Viewport Layer Freezing, Image Tracer, 3DEXPERIENCE® Marketplace Make Integration, and HomeByMe Integration
- Exclusively sold on the DraftSight online store as an annual subscription at US$249/year.
- No Support is available with this version.
- Buy DraftSight Professional Now »
- For a designer, maker, or manufacturer that needs a robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience to help meet their needs on drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing.
- It includes all DraftSight Professional features plus a comprehensive set of 3D DWG design and constraint capabilities.
- Exclusively sold on the DraftSight online store as an annual subscription at US$599/year.
- No Support is available with this version.
- Buy DraftSight Premium Now »
What’s the activation method for each product?
DraftSight Enterprise and Enterprise Plus are activated by purchasing through your reseller, by choosing an SNL (SOLIDWORKS Network License) or DSLS (Dassault Systèmes License Server) network license.
DraftSight Professional and Premium are activated by simply purchasing a serial number online and entering it during installation. Internet connection is required to activate your serial number.
Is there support available for Professional or Premium?
No support is available for the Professional or Premium version. If your business needs technical support then DraftSight Enterprise licenses are required.
Is there a trial version of DraftSight available?
Yes! A 30-day trial of DraftSight Premium is available upon installation. Use the form below to download DraftSight for Windows, then select “Free 30-Day Trial” in the installation window.
What is the feature difference between the packages?
The following table highlights the differences between different packages:
|Features||Professional (2D)||Premium (3D)||Enterprise (2D)||Enterprise Plus (3D)|
|2D Design Tools
Create basic elements such as lines, polylines, arcs, circles, ellipses, layers, blocks, and others.
|2D Documentation Tools
Create basic annotation elements such as notes, dimensions, tables, hatches, clouds, and others.
Offer learning resources and a collaborative environment to interact with your peers, ask questions, and share opinions.
Quickly generate hardware, holes, balloons, Bills of Materials (BOMs), welding and surface finish symbols.
Send a set of drawings and sheets to printers in a batch job.
Compare graphically similar entities between two drawing documents.
Trim multiple, adjacent entities by dragging the pointer across each entity.
Communicate with a CNC machine for fabrication.
Directly import and convert the DGN file format drawing into a DraftSight project for direct editing.
Allow end users or third-party developers to customize and automate DraftSight.
Convert an imported raster image file (ex. floor plan, logo) into vectorized line entities.
|Using Formulas in Table Cells
Use formulas in cells with arithmetic operators and the Sum, Average, and Count functions.
|Trimming of Hatches and Gradients
Trim hatches and gradients with the Trim and PowerTrim commands.
|3D Modeling Tools
Introduces 3D modeling using basic geometrical shapes (ex. Box, Pyramid) or other methods (ex. Extrude, Revolve) with Boolean operations (ex. Union, Subtract).
Use 2D Constraints to control drawing entities parametrically by specifying geometric and dimensional properties of entities.
|3DEXPERIENCE® Marketplace Integration|
|3DEXPERIENCE, GEOVIA, DELMIA, SOLIDWORKS Electrical, PDM Connectors|
|PDF Import/Convert & Underlay|
|DGN Import/Convert & Underlay|
|Application Programming Interface (API)|
Enable concurrent usage and compliance across the organization.
Enable large groups of users to install or upgrade DraftSight.
Answer questions or troubleshoot issues related to DraftSight.
Get a FREE Trial or Purchase DraftSight software
Buy now from the DS website: