What is DraftSight?
DraftSight® is a FREE professional-grade 2D design and drafting solution that lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D drawing. A familiar AutoCAD® user interface and a minimal learning curve facilitates an easy transition from your current CAD application.
More than a FREE CAD tool
Available in two additional versions:
- DraftSight Professional: is a powerful 2D design and drafting solution that lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D drawing. It includes productivity tools, an API, and a familiar user interface that makes it easy to transition from other comparable CAD applications.
- DraftSight Enterprise: for large organizations who need the power of DraftSight Professional plus a network license and technical support. Just $335 per license.
For the enterprise, professionals, and individuals
For large organizations who need the power of DraftSight Professional plus network licensing and technical support.
For individuals or smaller organizations that do not require technical support and a network license, consider DraftSight Professional.
Is available for $335 (US) per license*.
*Please note there is a minimum number of seats required when purchasing DraftSight Enterprise.
For engineers, architects and CAD users who need a professional-grade 2D design and drafting solution.
Includes industry standard content that can be added to a document with ease, batch printing to print multiple files without opening them, and a familiar user interface that makes it easy to transition from other comparable CAD applications.
Purchase online for just $99 (US) for 12 months.
DraftSight Individual / FREE
For individuals who need a straight-forward 2D drafting solution.
Lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D drawing. Its familiar user interface makes it easy to transition from other comparable CAD applications.
DraftSight is a FREE product. Activation is required.
A better way to create, edit, and view DWG files
|Price||Just US$335 per license||Starting at US$99|| FREE
|Straight-forward 2D documentation, design and drafting tools|
|Community Resources: Access to online community support and an abundance of learning resources, including our free "Getting Started Guide."|
|Toolbox for DraftSight: A standards-based mechanical symbol library and mechanical annotation add-on.|
|Design Library: The Design Library tab in DraftSight's Task Pane provides a central location for user-defined reusable elements such as blocks.|
|Drawing Compare: DrawCompare is used to graphically compare entities between two drawing documents.|
|Batch Printing: Send a set of drawings and Sheets to printers in a batch job and save batch print jobs to Batch Print List (*bpl) files for subsequent use.|
|DGN File Support: Import DGN files for direct editing, or attach them for reference or retracing purposes.|
|G-Code Generator: convert your drawing data to G-Code to send the data to a CNC machine to create your part.|
|PDF Underlay: Attach pages of a PDF document to a drawing with the AttachPDF command.|
|DraftSight APIs (application programming interface) and API updates. APIs allow end users to customize and automate DraftSight.|
|Product upgrades, new releases and service packs that become available during your entitlement period.|
|Telephone and email support|
|Network license: Helps you deploy 2D CAD across the entire organization, eliminating the headaches related to license management and versioning data incompatibility.|
|Deployment Wizard: Enables large groups of users to more easily install or upgrade DraftSight.|
|Get a Quote||Buy Now||Download|
Built with AutoCAD users in mind, DraftSight includes the following:
User Environment & Features
- Cartesian coordinate system
- Command line input
- Traditional toolbars and menus
- Wheel-mouse pan & zoom
- Blocks & reference files
- Layers & layer manager
- Polygonal ViewPorts
- ViewPort locking
- Freeze, lock or turn off layers per ViewPort
- Background masks for notes
- Property manager
- View proxy objects
- Dynamic pan & zoom
- Command aliases
- Menu files
- CTB and STB print style tables
- SHX and TTF fonts
- LineStyle files
- Hatch pattern files
- Consolidated options dialog
- Enhanced, easy to read, command prompts
- Home palette
- Smart calculator
- Quick print
- Context sensitive help
Setup and Administration
- Support for Windows®, Mac & Linux operating systems
- Multi-language character set support including Unicode fonts
- Customizable interface: command aliases, double-click actions, menus, right-click menus, shortcut keys, toolbars, etc.
- Quick and free to download
- Fast “one-click” installation
- Arcs, circles, & lines
- Notes & Simple Notes
- Blocks and Block Attributes
- Ellipses & elliptical arcs
- RichLines, PolyLines, 3D PolyLines, & Splines
- Points & rings
- Masks & region
- ISO, ANSI & traditional hatch patterns
- Solid & gradient Fill
- Dimensions: arc length, radius, diameter, baseline, linear, ordinate, etc.
- Tolerances, leaders & center marks
- Read and write support for DWG/DXF files1
- Save DWG/DXF files back to previous versions1
- Create binary or ASCII DXF files1
- Attach image files (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, & .tiff)
- Attach external reference drawings
- Export to file (.jpg, .pdf, .png, & svg.)
- Save as .jpeg, .pdf, .png, .sld, .svg, .tif, & .stl file formats
- Multi-page PDF creation
- Publish to eDrawings or Drawings Now
- Snap & Grid
- Chamfer & Fillet
- Tracking guides & Polar guides
- Get area, distance, or coordinates information
- Double-click editing
- EntityGrips, EntitySnaps, Entity
- InfiniteLines, Rays & Reference Points
- Select entities using filters, SmartSelect, or by window, crossing window, crossline, polygonal window, etc.
Drawing Setup Tools
- Customizable coordinate system
- RichLine styles
- Layer manager
- Table styles
- Points format
- Text Styles
- Unit system
- Multiple layout
- Dimension styles
- Named page layouts
- Move, scale & rotate
- Stretch & change length
- Mirror, copy, offset and pattern copy
- Trim & extend
- Split & weld
- Edit blocks in-place or isolate for edit
- Open reference drawings from within the base drawing
- Clip references and images
- Modify Hatch and fill pattern, origin, etc
- Edit note properties: direction, justification, line spacing, text height, text style, etc.
1Uses the Teigha™ Classic for .dwg files and Teigha for .dwg files specifications from the Open Design Alliance.
*Standalone license. Activation required.
"DraftSight is the best alternative to AutoCAD 2D on the market today. In addition to being a free product, as with all of Dassault Systemes products, DraftSight is a pleasure to work on and with."
— Larry Sketo, Owner, Design Pallets, Inc.
"With DraftSight, we have implemented a unique and standard solution that responds to our need to create and exchange 2D geometry."
— Marcel H. Gerber, VPLM competency center manager, Bobst Group
"DWG files are the most popular file format for 2D CAD data in the world. It was only natural that we choose a solution that processes this format natively and renders DWG data incompatibility issues a thing of the past."
— Thanh Canh Pham, Project Manager, Bobst Group
Your software. Your vision. Your community
The DraftSight community.
The online DraftSight community facilitates a collaborative, design-focused environment where the global community of CAD users can learn and interact with community members, and let their opinions be heard about specific topics, challenges or anything else they’re passionate about when it comes to CAD and DraftSight.
DraftSight support options.
Free Community Support provides immediate, open access to engaging online training videos, easy-to-follow tutorials, curriculum materials and more.
The Enterprise License Subscription package is ideal for organizations that need telephone, remote, and email support from technical experts
Ideal for students.
For students, DraftSight offers:
- Web access to download DraftSight free at home and in their dorm.
- Immediate, open access to engaging online training videos, easy-to-follow tutorials, curriculum, materials and much more.
- Free access to upgrades.
Download the FREE Individual version and start creating DWG files