What is DraftSight?
DraftSight 2019 is a feature-rich 2D and 3D CAD solution for architects, engineers and construction service providers, as well as professional CAD users, designers, educators and hobbyists.
More options, choices and tools to suit your design needs and preferences.
Real design freedom is letting you work the way you want to work. It’s the ability to effortlessly go from 2D drafting to 3D modeling and back again in order to optimize and maximize designs. And the capability to seamlessly integrate with other Dassault Systèmes and SOLIDWORKS® solutions, including SOLIDWORKS PDM to easily manage your DWG file designs from first inspiration to final outcome.
DraftSight 2019 gives you the freedom to do what you do best — no matter who you are or what you’re trying to accomplish.
DraftSight Individual Offerings
For CAD users, Professionals, Educators and Students
For individuals, designers, makers, manufacturers, professionals, and companies that need a robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience to help meet their needs on drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing.
It includes all DraftSight Professional features plus a comprehensive set of 3D DWG design and constraint capabilities.
Purchase from the DS Online Store as an annual subscription of US$499 per year
For professionals and companies that need an advanced 2D CAD drafting solution with powerful, productivity boosting features and API to help bring their designs to life quickly and easily.
Includes industry standard content that can be added to a document with ease, batch printing to print multiple files without opening them, and a familiar user interface that makes it easy to transition from other comparable CAD applications.
Download a 30-day trial of Professional or buy now from the DS Online Store as an annual subscription of US$199 per year
For individuals, students, educators, hobbyists, and others that need a straightforward 2D CAD drafting solution with a familiar user interface.
Lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D drawing. Its familiar user interface makes it easy to transition from other comparable CAD applications.
Buy online from the DS Online Store for US$99 per year
DraftSight Enterprise Offerings
For large organizations
For large organizations with many users or multiple sites that need an advanced 2D CAD drafting solution with powerful, productivity boosting features and API to help bring their designs to life quickly and easily.
Enterprise includes full technical support and network licensing to enable concurrent usage across your organization.
DraftSight Enterprise Plus
For large organizations with many users or multiple sites that need a robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience to help meet their needs on drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing.
Includes all DraftSight Enterprise features plus a comprehensive set of 3D DWG design and constraint capabilities, full technical support and network licensing to enable concurrent usage across the organization.
A better way to create, edit, and view DWG files
|Get a 30-day trial of DraftSight||US$99/year|
|2D Design Tools |
Create basic elements such as lines, polylines, arcs, circles, ellipses, layers, blocks, and others.
|2D Documentation Tools|
Create basic annotation elements such as notes, dimensions, tables, hatches, clouds, and others.
Offer learning resources and a collaborative environment to interact with your peers, ask questions, and share opinions.
Attach pages of a PDF document to a drawing.
Quickly generate hardware, holes, balloons, Bills of Materials (BOMs), welding and surface finish symbols.
Send a set of drawings and sheets to printers in a batch job.
Compare graphically similar entities between two drawing documents.
|Power Trim |
Trim multiple, adjacent entities by dragging the pointer across each entity.
|G-Code Generator |
Communicate with a CNC machine for fabrication.
|DGN Import |
Directly import and convert the DGN file format drawing into a DraftSight project for direct editing.
|DraftSight APIs |
Allow end users or third-party developers to customize and automate DraftSight.
|Image Tracer |
Convert an imported raster image file (ex. floor plan, logo) into vectorized line entities.
|Using Formulas in Table Cells |
Use formulas in cells with arithmetic operators and the Sum, Average, and Count functions.
|Trimming of Hatches and Gradients |
Trim hatches and gradients with the Trim and PowerTrim commands.
|3D Modeling Tools|
Introduces 3D modeling using basic geometrical shapes (ex. Box, Pyramid) or other methods (ex. Extrude, Revolve) with Boolean operations (ex. Union, Subtract).
Use 2D Constraints to control drawing entities parametrically by specifying geometric and dimensional properties of entities.
Enable concurrent usage and compliance across the organization.
|Deployment Wizard |
Enable large groups of users to install or upgrade DraftSight.
|Technical Support |
Answer questions or troubleshoot issues related to DraftSight.
|Download||Buy Now||Buy Now||Get a Quote|
Built with AutoCAD users in mind, DraftSight includes the following:
User Environment & Features
- Cartesian coordinate system
- Command line input
- Traditional toolbars and menus
- Wheel-mouse pan & zoom
- Blocks & reference files
- Layers & layer manager
- Polygonal ViewPorts
- ViewPort locking
- Freeze, lock or turn off layers per ViewPort
- Background masks for notes
- Property manager
- View proxy objects
- Dynamic pan & zoom
- Command aliases
- Menu files
- CTB and STB print style tables
- SHX and TTF fonts
- LineStyle files
- Hatch pattern files
- Consolidated options dialog
- Enhanced, easy to read, command prompts
- Home palette
- Smart calculator
- Quick print
- Context sensitive help
Setup and Administration
- Support for Windows®, Mac & Linux operating systems
- Multi-language character set support including Unicode fonts
- Customizable interface: command aliases, double-click actions, menus, right-click menus, shortcut keys, toolbars, etc.
- Quick and free to download
- Fast “one-click” installation
- Arcs, circles, & lines
- Notes & Simple Notes
- Blocks and Block Attributes
- Ellipses & elliptical arcs
- RichLines, PolyLines, 3D PolyLines, & Splines
- Points & rings
- Masks & region
- ISO, ANSI & traditional hatch patterns
- Solid & gradient Fill
- Dimensions: arc length, radius, diameter, baseline, linear, ordinate, etc.
- Tolerances, leaders & center marks
- Read and write support for DWG/DXF files1
- Save DWG/DXF files back to previous versions1
- Create binary or ASCII DXF files1
- Attach image files (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, & .tiff)
- Attach external reference drawings
- Export to file (.jpg, .pdf, .png, & svg.)
- Save as .jpeg, .pdf, .png, .sld, .svg, .tif, & .stl file formats
- Multi-page PDF creation
- Publish to eDrawings or Drawings Now
- Snap & Grid
- Chamfer & Fillet
- Tracking guides & Polar guides
- Get area, distance, or coordinates information
- Double-click editing
- EntityGrips, EntitySnaps, Entity
- InfiniteLines, Rays & Reference Points
- Select entities using filters, SmartSelect, or by window, crossing window, crossline, polygonal window, etc.
Drawing Setup Tools
- Customizable coordinate system
- RichLine styles
- Layer manager
- Table styles
- Points format
- Text Styles
- Unit system
- Multiple layout
- Dimension styles
- Named page layouts
- Move, scale & rotate
- Stretch & change length
- Mirror, copy, offset and pattern copy
- Trim & extend
- Split & weld
- Edit blocks in-place or isolate for edit
- Open reference drawings from within the base drawing
- Clip references and images
- Modify Hatch and fill pattern, origin, etc
- Edit note properties: direction, justification, line spacing, text height, text style, etc.
1Uses the Teigha™ Classic for .dwg files and Teigha for .dwg files specifications from the Open Design Alliance.
*Standalone license. Activation required.
"DraftSight is the best alternative to AutoCAD 2D on the market today. In addition to being a free product, as with all of Dassault Systemes products, DraftSight is a pleasure to work on and with."
— Larry Sketo, Owner, Design Pallets, Inc.
"With DraftSight, we have implemented a unique and standard solution that responds to our need to create and exchange 2D geometry."
— Marcel H. Gerber, VPLM competency center manager, Bobst Group
"DWG files are the most popular file format for 2D CAD data in the world. It was only natural that we choose a solution that processes this format natively and renders DWG data incompatibility issues a thing of the past."
— Thanh Canh Pham, Project Manager, Bobst Group
Your software. Your vision. Your community
The DraftSight community.
The online DraftSight community facilitates a collaborative, design-focused environment where the global community of CAD users can learn and interact with community members, and let their opinions be heard about specific topics, challenges or anything else they’re passionate about when it comes to CAD and DraftSight.
DraftSight support options.
Free Community Support provides immediate, open access to engaging online training videos, easy-to-follow tutorials, curriculum materials and more.
The Enterprise License Subscription package is ideal for organizations that need telephone, remote, and email support from technical experts
Ideal for students.
For students, DraftSight offers:
- Web access to download DraftSight free at home and in their dorm.
- Immediate, open access to engaging online training videos, easy-to-follow tutorials, curriculum, materials and much more.
- Free access to upgrades.
Download a 30-day trial version and start creating DWG files