Some SOLIDWORKS electrical users like to display connection points within their electrical projects for both symbols and wires, but some do not. Connection points/dots for symbols and wires can be toggled on and off at the project level or specifically for each symbol.
Control connection dots at project level:
- To toggle on the connection dots for all the symbols and wires within your electrical project go to Project Tab > Configurations > Project
- This launches the project Configuration dialog box
- On the graphic tab, the display of the symbol connection dots can be controlled by display drop down options: never, always, when connected and when not connected.
- Additionally, the wire connection dots can be toggled on and off using the checkbox.
Doing so, we can show or hide connection dots of all the symbols and wires used within a project.
Control connection dots for each symbol:
On the other hand, we could also control the connection dots display for each symbol.There are two ways we can control this display:
- Firstly, this can be accessed through Library Tab on the Ribbon > Click on Symbols Manager > This opens the symbols manager dialog box.
- Right click on any symbol > click on properties OR select a symbol and click on properties on the symbols manager management tab
- This launches the properties dialog box of the symbol
- On the bottom section toggle on or off display connection points.
- Secondly, if we have already used the symbol within our drawing, right click on the symbol > click on symbol> open symbol > this opens the symbol in .dwg file and on the right hand side properties section.
Doing so, we can control to show or hide connection dots for each symbol within our electrical drawings.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS Electrical
Posts related to 'How to display the connection dots/points for symbols and wires in SOLIDWORKS Electrical?'
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.