Within SOLIDWORKS Manage, there are scenarios (upgrading, etc) where a manual synchronization of the PDM object is required to ensure everything is up to date between SOLIDWORKS Manage and PDM.
How to run a synchronization of a SOLIDWORKS ‘PDM’ object
- Within SOLIDWORKS Manage;
- Options > Administrative Options
- Structures > Documents & Records
- Select the PDM Object RMB Edit
- Within the SOLIDWORKS PDM Configuration Wizard via the drop-down jump to the Completed page and select Finish
- Within the Synchronization details dialog select Synchronize
- When complete we can close the Synchronization details dialog and the SOLIDWORKS PDM Configuration Wizard
On some specific occasions, it may be required to include all the PDM documents in a synchronization. These generally take a lot longer depending on the size of the vault, so should only be performed when necessary.
How to include document folders in a Synchronization
- Edit the PDM Object (see above) and within the SOLIDWORKS PDM Configuration Wizard jump to the Connection page
- Within the Connection page select Enable Synchronization and get all PDM Objects
- This will perform the same sync as above, but also include all the PDM Document Folders
As mentioned previously, this may take some time to complete. If a sync of all PDM files isn’t required, we can limit this to specific folders
How to limit a Synchronization to specific folders
- Within the Synchronization details dialog
- Uncheck Update Document Folders then expand and select the desired folders to synchronize
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: