Note: this tip is for advanced users who are familiar with editing the registry of a computer!
SolidWorks has the ‘Copy Settings Wizard’ to copy user customizations to other computers. Unfortunately we have no equivalent with 3DVIA Composer. All is not lost however for those familiar with editing the computer registry.
The user settings are stored in the registry in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dassault Systemes\3DVIAComposer\MVP\3DVIA Composer
Simply export (copy) this registry folder to a file, copy the registry file to the desired client and then import it (double-click it) in the client machine registry. The customizations will now be copied to the other machine.
To perform a ‘clean’ uninstall of 3DVIA Composer
- Uninstall 3DVIA as normal using Add or Remove Programs OR Program Features
- Delete the Install directory: “%Program Files%\Dassault Systemes\3DVIA Composer”
- Delete User data:
- For XP, “Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\3DVIA Composer”
- For Vista® and Windows® 7, “Users\<username>\Documents\3DVIAComposer”
- Delete these Registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dassault Systemes
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Dassault Systemes
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: