About a year ago, I took full advantage of the newly introduced custom surface finish options in PhotoView 360 and “minted” a gold coin in the honor of Javelin’s (then) newest CSWE, Andrew Lidstone.
Yesterday I wanted to see what would happen if I spin this coin in a SOLIDWORKS Motion Manager study. The set-up was minimal:
- Created a small assembly with two components: the top of the table (hidden) and the coin.
- Applied the “Plain White” Scene
- Apply a wood appearance to the scene’s floor
- Created a SOLIDWORKS Motion Manager Study
- Since – at this time – you cannot insert a finger inside the SolidWorks Universe to flick the coin, a torque was used instead (minimal torque for just a fraction of a second):
- Applied a steel dry contact between the two components
- Applied gravity
- Pointed a SolidWorks camera to the coin
- Saved the video of the motion using PhotoView 360 as the renderer
Note: In the beginning of the video you will notice that the camera pans while the coin is fixed. That section is the result of a different study where no torque or gravity was applied.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: