SOLIDWORKS Simulation Transient Sensors store transient data from thermal simulations, drop tests, non-linear simulations and dynamics simulation.
Due to the nature of simulations which support transient data, this new sensor is supported in SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional and above. The transient sensor replaces the existing response plots which were previously used. Loading of a transient sensor is much faster than response plots since the data is preloaded into the sensor.
- After your run the study, you can list and create graph plots of the data stored by the transient sensor.Create a transient study (nonlinear, dynamic, transient thermal, or drop test)
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Sensors and select Add Sensor.
- In the PropertyManager:
- Under Sensor Type tracktype, select Simulation Data.
- Under Data Quantity, select the result quantity to track with the sensor.
- Under Properties, select a Criterion. Select Transient for Step Criterion.
- Click OK. A new sensor icon is created under Sensors.
To list the data stored in a transient sensor, right-click the sensor icon under Sensors and select List.
To view 2D graphs of the results stored in transient sensors, right-click the sensor icon under Sensors and select Graph