There are too many new SOLIDWORKS 2016 part features to talk about in one blog post, but DS SOLIDWORKS have created a very helpful demonstration video highlighting the top 3 which will give you an idea of just some of the cool features that are now available in the latest release:
The top 3 new and enhanced part features include:
- Sweep Feature
- Includes an improved workflow and interface.
- Controls, group boxes, and options have been rearranged and updated to accommodate enhancements which include the ability to create bidirectional sweeps and to choose between two types of profiles, Sketch Profile and Circular Profile.
- Sketch Profile is now similar to existing functionality where you create a sweep by moving a 2D sketch profile along a 2D or 3D sketch path, but it provides more options. Circular Profile lets you create a sweep directly on a model without having to work in a sketch.
- Creating a Bidirectional Sweep allows you to choose a mid-path profile in either direction or the entire path using Direction 1, Direction 2, or Bidirectional.
- Curvature Continuous Fillets
- You can now define the edges of constant and variable fillets as curvature continuous. This option creates a smoother curvature between adjacent surfaces. Previously, this option was only available for face fillets.
- Includes asymmetric and variable size
- Thread Feature
- You can create helical threads on cylindrical faces using profile sketches. You can store custom thread profiles as library features.
- Using the Thread feature, you can define the start thread location, specify an offset, set end conditions, specify the type, size, diameter, pitch and rotation angle, and choose options such as right-hand or left-hand thread.
More SOLIDWORKS 2016 Features
To learn more about the latest features you can attend a SOLIDWORKS 2016 Launch Broadcast on either Thursday October 1st or Tuesday October 6th. Please visit our registration page to register for a Broadcast event.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: