Learn how to check your SOLIDWORKS design for Manufacturability using DFMXpress
DFMXpress is a free evaluation tool included with SOLIDWORKS software. Design For Manufacture Xpress allows engineers and designers to check their designs for manufacturability by identifying areas that are difficult, expensive, or impossible to machine.
Fully embedded inside of SOLIDWORKS, it is perfect for the designer who needs manufacturability analysis, but is not necessarily a manufacturing expert. Designers can easily gain insight into the cost-effective manufacturability of their designs.
DFMXpress Features & Benefits
- Explanations and recommendations that will help designers identify manufacturing feasibility
- Basic sets of rules for drilling, milling & turning
- Rules parameters can be configured
- Simple Graphical User Interface
- Seamlessly integrated into SOLIDWORKS
- Feature Based (works with Automatic Feature Recognition engine)
Learn how to use DFMXpress
The MySolidWorks Online Learning Tool include a video lesson on how to use the evaluation product.
The lesson will show you how to check the manufacturability of parts for certain manufacturing processes.
- Setup geometric rule parameters for each type of part.
- Identify features that may inhibit a part’s ability to be manufactured.
- Review machined, sheet metal, and molded parts.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: