Attention all DraftSight users. Dassault Systèmes have released a DraftSight Critical Hotfix due to an expired certificate; Windows* 32 and 64-bit versions of DraftSight released from 2012 to 2017 will not launch and/or will stop running as of March 1, 2017.
The following releases are affected:
|Version (Windows 32 & 64 bit)||Release Date|
|DraftSight 2017 SP0||November 2016|
|DraftSight 2016 SP2||July 2016|
|DraftSight 2016 SP1||April 2016|
|DraftSight 2016 SP0||February 2016|
|DraftSight 2015 SP3||June 2015|
|DraftSight 2015 SP2||April 2015|
|DraftSight 2015 SP1||February 2015|
|DraftSight 2015 SP0||October 2014|
|DraftSight V1R5.2||July 2014|
|DraftSight V1R5.1||April 2014|
|DraftSight V1R5.0||January 2014|
|DraftSight V1R4.0||October 2013|
|DraftSight V1R3.2||July 2013|
|DraftSight V1R3.1||January 2013|
|DraftSight V1R3.0||November 2012|
*Note: Mac and Linux versions of DraftSight (free and Beta only) do not require this hotfix as they are not affected by the expired certificate
Installation instructions, affected releases and additional details are available on the download page. If further support is needed, please use the resources below according to the version of DraftSight you are using:
- DraftSight (Free): visit the swym community and go to iQuestions to submit your request to DraftSight support.
- DraftSight Professional: use the email and phone number provided to you on your purchase confirmation documents received when you purchased DraftSight Professional.
- DraftSight Enterprise: consult your reseller with whom you purchased DraftSight Enterprise. If you aren’t sure who your reseller is, find your reseller here.
Dassault Systèmes apologize for any inconvenience, and will continue to be fully committed to providing the highest quality of software solutions for the growing community of DraftSight users.
DraftSight Critical Hotfix Installation Instructions
After downloading the Hotfix file from the DraftSight website carry out the following steps:
- Save your work and close the DraftSight application.
- Double-click on the hotfix file “DraftSight_HotFix.exe”. The WinZip Self-Extractor appears on the screen.
- Click Unzip, then click OK in the confirmation box.
- Click Yes to continue installation.
- Click OK to complete the installation.
- It is recommended to reboot the system after installing the hotfix.
Upcoming Related Event
Become a SOLIDWORKS Expert by watching a LIVE Broadcast in October to learn What's New in SOLIDWORKS 2022, plus learn about 3D Scanning, and Additive Manufacturing.