SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional installation for the 2017 release is now carried out through the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager. The installation can be selected from the Installation Manager Welcome page, under Server products as shown in the figure below:
On the summary page click on Change to configure the PDM installation.
- Choose the appropriate product. In this case PDM Professional.
- Identify the installation location, or accept the default.
- Choose which features to install. The archive and database needs only to be installed once on a server(s), that can be accessed by the clients. The client feature needs to be installed on all clients. It can be helpful, to have a client installed on the server, for troubleshooting purposes relating to network permissions and connectivity.
- For the SQL Server, choose whether to install a new instance, or use an existing instance. Please note, performance may be degraded if SQL is shared between multiple applications. A dedicated SQL instance should provide the best performance.
- Enter the sa password that, will be used to access the SQL database.
- Click on Back to Summary to continue with the installation
Click on Install Now to complete the installation.
Need SOLIDWORKS PDM Training?
Contact us about our SOLIDWORKS PDM training courses for users and administrators.