SOLIDWORKS 2018 is here! On Monday October 2nd, Javelin’s team of Certified SOLIDWORKS experts unveiled the new software in a live broadcast; with technical demonstrations to show off the performance improvements, quality enhancements and new capabilities that will help take your product from design through manufacturing faster to improve your productivity.
Watch a recording of the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Launch Broadcast below:
Featured in the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Launch Broadcast
Demonstrations of the top ten features in SOLIDWORKS 2018:
- INNOVATIVE NEW USER EXPERIENCE: Faster, more intuitive ways to interact with SOLIDWORKS®.
- Freehand sketching with pen or touch on compatible devices
- Touch and stylus support for many design tasks
- Mirror in 3D sketches
- Enhanced Mouse gestures and user interface customization
- MORE POWERFUL SOLIDWORKS 3D INTERCONNECT: Work seamlessly with more file types and incorporate design changes dramatically faster.
- Work with ACIS, STEP, and IGES and update changes when newer versions are received.
- Access more internal properties from 3D Interconnect supported files.
- CLOUD CONNECTED SOLIDWORKS: The power of desktop with the convenience of the cloud.
- SOLIDWORKS Online Licensing makes using your license on multiple machines effortless.
- SOLIDWORKS Login moves customized content and settings to any machine on which SOLIDWORKS is installed.
- SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal allows easier management of SOLIDWORKS products and services.
- WORK DIRECTLY WITH MESH DATA: Work directly with mesh data with no need to convert to surfaces.
- Use mesh data like it is surface or solid geometry.
- Convert solid or surface geometry to mesh.
- Perform operations directly on mesh such as Cut, Cut with Surface, Interference Check, Combine, Intersect, Split, Move/Copy, and others.
- SHEET METAL FEATURES THAT IMPROVE MANUFACTURABILITY: Innovative new features improve sheet metal manufacturing processes.
- Tab and slot feature for self-fixturing of parts for welding
- Normal cut feature ensures clearance included for manufacturing.
Corners that include three bends can be easily created and flattened.
- ENHANCED DRAWING CAPABILITIES: Comprehensive capabilities for high-quality engineering drawings.
- Has support for Advanced Hole Wizard callouts.
- Broken-out section can be added to detail, alternate position, and section views.
- Apply hatches to specific layers—inherits properties of the layer.
- ENHANCED DESIGN COMMUNICATION WITH EDRAWINGS: Simpler, faster, and secure design communication with eDrawings®.
- Include decals without the need to send a separate decal file.
- Streamlined workflow for setting options and password protection.
- Display all MBD generated 3D Views across multiple configurations of a model.
- FULLY IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH SOLIDWORKS VISUALIZE: Immerse yourself into any 3D scene and experience exploring and reviewing your design at 1:1 scale, including animations.
- Create panoramic Virtual Reality (VR) content.
- Support for 360 stereo animations.
- Sun studies, camera fly’s, exploded views, and part animations.
- ASSEMBLY PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS: Much more flexibility designing assemblies.
- Concentric holes no longer need to be perfectly in-line to be used for assembly mates.
- Large Assembly Performance Evaluation Tool.
- Temporarily hide faces when mating using ALT key for faster assembly of components.
- PART FEATURES THAT STREAMLINE MANUFACTURING: Speed downstream operations by automatically including more information needed for manufacturing.
- Include a customizable bounding box description for weldment cut lists.
- Link cut list folder names to cut list properties for faster detailing of weldments.
- Automatic bounding box creation for entire part—includes bounding box properties.
Interested in SOLIDWORKS 2018?
Contact us to learn how SOLIDWORKS 2018 can help your business
Certified SOLIDWORKS Services available from Javelin
Javelin can help you to: