SOLIDWORKS 2018 is here! On Monday October 2nd, Javelin’s team of Certified SOLIDWORKS experts unveiled the new software in a live broadcast; with technical demonstrations to show off the performance improvements, quality enhancements and new capabilities that will help take your product from design through manufacturing faster to improve your productivity.
Watch a recording of the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Launch Broadcast below:
Featured in the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Launch Broadcast
Demonstrations of the top ten features in SOLIDWORKS 2018:
- INNOVATIVE NEW USER EXPERIENCE: Faster, more intuitive ways to interact with SOLIDWORKS®.
- Freehand sketching with pen or touch on compatible devices
- Touch and stylus support for many design tasks
- Mirror in 3D sketches
- Enhanced Mouse gestures and user interface customization
- MORE POWERFUL SOLIDWORKS 3D INTERCONNECT: Work seamlessly with more file types and incorporate design changes dramatically faster.
- Work with ACIS, STEP, and IGES and update changes when newer versions are received.
- Access more internal properties from 3D Interconnect supported files.
- CLOUD CONNECTED SOLIDWORKS: The power of desktop with the convenience of the cloud.
- SOLIDWORKS Online Licensing makes using your license on multiple machines effortless.
- SOLIDWORKS Login moves customized content and settings to any machine on which SOLIDWORKS is installed.
- SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal allows easier management of SOLIDWORKS products and services.
- WORK DIRECTLY WITH MESH DATA: Work directly with mesh data with no need to convert to surfaces.
- Use mesh data like it is surface or solid geometry.
- Convert solid or surface geometry to mesh.
- Perform operations directly on mesh such as Cut, Cut with Surface, Interference Check, Combine, Intersect, Split, Move/Copy, and others.
- SHEET METAL FEATURES THAT IMPROVE MANUFACTURABILITY: Innovative new features improve sheet metal manufacturing processes.
- Tab and slot feature for self-fixturing of parts for welding
- Normal cut feature ensures clearance included for manufacturing.
Corners that include three bends can be easily created and flattened.
- ENHANCED DRAWING CAPABILITIES: Comprehensive capabilities for high-quality engineering drawings.
- Has support for Advanced Hole Wizard callouts.
- Broken-out section can be added to detail, alternate position, and section views.
- Apply hatches to specific layers—inherits properties of the layer.
- ENHANCED DESIGN COMMUNICATION WITH EDRAWINGS: Simpler, faster, and secure design communication with eDrawings®.
- Include decals without the need to send a separate decal file.
- Streamlined workflow for setting options and password protection.
- Display all MBD generated 3D Views across multiple configurations of a model.
- FULLY IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH SOLIDWORKS VISUALIZE: Immerse yourself into any 3D scene and experience exploring and reviewing your design at 1:1 scale, including animations.
- Create panoramic Virtual Reality (VR) content.
- Support for 360 stereo animations.
- Sun studies, camera fly’s, exploded views, and part animations.
- ASSEMBLY PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS: Much more flexibility designing assemblies.
- Concentric holes no longer need to be perfectly in-line to be used for assembly mates.
- Large Assembly Performance Evaluation Tool.
- Temporarily hide faces when mating using ALT key for faster assembly of components.
- PART FEATURES THAT STREAMLINE MANUFACTURING: Speed downstream operations by automatically including more information needed for manufacturing.
- Include a customizable bounding box description for weldment cut lists.
- Link cut list folder names to cut list properties for faster detailing of weldments.
- Automatic bounding box creation for entire part—includes bounding box properties.
Interested in SOLIDWORKS 2018?
Contact us to learn how SOLIDWORKS 2018 can help your business