As a SOLIDWORKS Electrical Technical Support Expert I come across a lot of cases when electrical users change their SOLIDWORKS Electrical Application Settings from the Local Setup to the Server Setup and vice versa.
- For a Local Setup the electrical projects are saved on the local machine and the SQL instance is also installed locally.
- However, for the Server Setup, all the electrical users save their projects on the server machine and they use the SQL instance that is installed on the server. Server setup is used in case of larger companies with large number of electrical users.
In some cases, on the client machine changing the application settings from the local to server always reverts back to local, when the end user machine is restarted or even the SOLIDWORKS electrical schematic window is closed and relaunched. This only happens in some cases not always.
If one electrical user already has his/her machine connected to the server, the SOLIDWORKS Electrical Application Settings Windows registry key from the working machine can be exported and ran on another client machine.
How to resolve SOLIDWORKS Electrical Application Settings issues
- Open the Registry Editor Window through Windows search > Type Regedit > Right-click and run as an administrator.
- On the working machine, browse to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trace Software
- Right click on the Trace Software > Export > Save as *.reg file.
- Now save the .reg file on the desktop of the non-working machine.
- Double click and run the registry file.
- Click yes once you receive the message with the warning (below) and if you wish to continue. Now launch SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic > Tools > Application settings. The application settings will be permanently set to the server setup.