Help impact the quality, performance and usability of SOLIDWORKS products by trying the SOLIDWORKS 2021 Beta Version.
DS SOLIDWORKS have just announced that SOLIDWORKS® 2021 Beta is live, ready for your feedback, and we invite you to join SOLIDWORKS 2021 Beta testing now.
Continued development of SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Dassault Systemes (DS) are currently rolling out the 3DEXPERIENCE WORKS portfolio, where you can access the next generation of cloud-centric and integrated applications on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform and tackle more challenges with solutions that bring unparalleled productivity, collaboration and scalability.
But DS remains committed to the continued support and development of SOLIDWORKS desktop tools and the customers that use them. The DS R&D team reviews and prioritizes thousands of enhancement requests submitted by users to ensure that they not only provide great new capabilities, but also deliver improved quality and performance with each new SOLIDWORKS release.
NOTE: Javelin provides options to run current and future SOLIDWORKS Desktop applications on the cloud. Learn more about our SOLIDWORKS Desktop Cloud Services »
Here are just a few of the SOLIDWORKS 2021 release highlights:
- Expanded Functionality – Defeature simplification for large assemblies, more commands available in Detailing mode for drawings, and additional capabilities for plastics simulations provide new workflow possibilities for design, detailing, and validation.
- Performance – Faster mesh generation significantly improves simulation time. More streamlined data management with collaboration reduces errors and project management time, giving you more time for design refinement.
- Staying Connected – An improved connection to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides extensive cloud collaboration, data management, and advanced applications. This ensures your team can access the tools and services you need to get the entire job done.
Stress test the Beta software with your workflows and models to ensure everything works smoothly for you and your organization. DS looks forward to hearing from you as you test SOLIDWORKS 2021 and compete for prizes!
SOLIDWORKS 2021 Beta FAQs
Review the following frequently asked questions which were posted on the SOLIDWORKS Beta Website:
How do I test SOLIDWORKS® Beta?
You can either download and install Beta or run the same version online from a supported web browser (no installation required).
- Go to the SOLIDWORKS Beta website and login using your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal credentials
- To continue you must read and accept the EULA
- Click ‘Download’ then run the SolidWorksSetup.exe and follow the instructions
- Run the SOLIDWORKS Beta Installation Manager to download and install products
Once you have a Beta release installed, you can use the SOLIDWORKS Background Downloader to receive notifications and automatically download new Beta releases.
- Go to https://my.solidworks.com/solidworksbeta
- Select the ‘Launch’ button
- Chrome 83.0.4103.106+
- Firefox Quantum 68.9.0+
- Microsoft Edge 83.0.478.50+
Is Beta testing confidential?
Yes. You are under a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) during the Beta period. You cannot share any information about the Beta release.
How do I participate?
Please note that No sign up is required!
Access to the Beta software is automatically available for all SOLIDWORKS subscription service customers. If you are currently on subscription, and your SOLIDWORKS serial number is registered in your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal account, the Beta software will be available for you to download, or to run online from a supported web browser.
NOTE: The Beta period will run from late June to mid-September 2020.
Once the Beta period begins, you will have exclusive access to:
- Test-drive new and enhanced products
- Share feedback directly with the SOLIDWORKS Beta team
- Connect with the SOLIDWORKS Beta community and interact with the R&D team
- Win over 100 prizes!
To be notified about the Beta Program, create a login to your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal account, click on ‘My Profile’, select ‘Notify me for Beta Programs’, and click on ‘Save’.
How do I setup the Beta release?
- By default, the Beta installation does not overwrite or upgrade existing production installations of SOLIDWORKS® products
- Set ALL file locations in Tools > Options to Beta-specific testing locations
- Keep ALL Beta templates, design library data, etc. separate from your production data
- Do NOT use SOLIDWORKS Beta products with your production files. If you want to test your production data, make copies of that data for testing purposes
What can I do to be an effective Beta tester?
- Test your normal production workflows
- Modify your normal production workflows to accommodate new functionality
- Review the “What’s New” document (in SOLIDWORKS®, Help > What’s New) and test new functionality with newly created data or with your copied production data
- Connect with the SOLIDWORKS Beta community and interact with the R&D and management teams on the Beta forum
How do I submit bugs and feedback?
To submit bugs (option 1) Feedback Tool:
- In SOLIDWORKS, click on ‘SOLIDWORKS Feedback‘ in the top Menu Bar
- Click on ‘Submit a Bug‘ to launch the Service Request form on the SOLIDWORKS® Customer Portal.
- Fill out the service request form, and attach any files that may be needed to reproduce the issue. Note: SOLIDWORKS Rx files are especially useful for troubleshooting issues.
To submit bugs (option 2) Support Banner:
- Go to the Beta website
- Click on ‘Login’
- Login with your SOLIDWORKS® Customer Portal credentials
- Read and accept the Beta Program Terms and Conditions
- Click on ‘SUPPORT’ at the top of the page
- Click the ‘New’ button to to fill out and submit a Beta Service Request (SR)
To submit bugs (option 3) SOLIDWORKS Rx:
- Run SOLIDWORKS® Rx
- Click on the ‘Problem Capture’ tab
- Complete ‘Step 1’ and ‘Step 2’
- In ‘Step 3’, choose ‘Describe the problem by submitting a service request through the customer portal. This requires an active subscription.’ and click on ‘Continue’
- A web browser opens and automatically directs you to the Service Request form. Fill out and submit a Beta Service Request (SR) form
To submit feedback:
- Visit the Beta forum and create a discussion or ask a question
Notes for submitting bugs:
- Describe your issue in detail and attach relevant images, instructions, and files. Use SOLIDWORKS® Rx to expedite this process
- Do not contact your local reseller about Beta issues and bugs. Please submit Beta SRs
- The SOLIDWORKS Beta Program Support Team will review your SRs
- Bugs will be assigned an SPR number and you will be notified by email when the bug is resolved
Is there an easy way to test SOLIDWORKS® PDM?
Yes. DS provides hosted database and archive servers for you to use. This allows you to create your own vault so that you can test the Beta version without affecting your production environment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If I install Beta, does it affect my production or commercial licenses?
No. Although you use your commercial serial numbers to download and install Beta versions, Beta license activation is completely separate from commercial license activation, regardless of whether you have standalone licenses or SolidNetWork licenses (SNL). You have as many Beta licenses as you have commercial licenses.
For example, you have a commercial SNL server that serves 5 licenses of SOLIDWORKS® Standard and 5 licenses of SOLIDWORKS Premium. During the Beta period, you can mimic your commercial SNL server and install and setup a separate Beta SNL server that serves 5 licenses of SOLIDWORKS Standard and 5 licenses of SOLIDWORKS Premium.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: