Are you aware of settings in SOLIDWORKS Electrical that allow you to change quite a few things in the user interface, just like we make modifications in SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD? Do you prefer the mouse wheel to be reversed for zoom direction? Maybe a darker theme? Or a larger cross-hair than the default size?
In addition to what I mentioned above, there are a lot more settings that can be controlled through the Electrical Interface configuration tool.
How to access Electrical Interface configuration tool?
Go to Tools Tab > Interface Configuration > This launches the Interface Configuration dialogue box.
Below is a list of few important items that can be changed in the electrical interface:
- Cross Hair – Use the drag bar to control the percentage to select a preferred crosshair size for your screen.
- Reverse Zoom direction – Toggle the checkbox ON or OFF to prefer specific zoom in and out direction.
- Zoom speed- Default Zoom speed is 100 %, it can be reduced or increased using the drag bar.
- Change the marker/cursor colour
- Change the drawing background theme
- Control the Tabs colour as well their position
- Change the tabs/ribbons font height
- Select default dimension units
All the settings that are changed in this user interface dialogue box can be reverted so quickly just by clicking on Reset all interfaces.