Recently Javelin has become a reseller of an innovative SOLIDWORKS Woodworking Add-in product called SWOOD. Take a look at the video below to get an overview of SWOOD and how the add-in provides SOLIDWORKS users with the woodworking tools they need to design, manufacture and automate their woodworking projects:
What is SWOOD?
SWOOD is a suite of woodworking design and manufacturing tools for SOLIDWORKS. Easily complete your woodworking projects with features dedicated to wood and panel processing, SWOOD makes it easier and faster to make production ready designs.
SWOOD meets all of your woodworking project needs with tools for #3D design, production documentation, CNC machining, Nesting, Automation, and Timber Construction. SWOOD works right inside of SOLIDWORKS making it easy to use and very intuitive.
SWOOD provides SOLIDWORKS woodworkers with a dynamic and interactive environment for collaborative working and a 3D parametric modeling for all wood cabinetry, product, and construction needs.
SOLIDWORKS Woodworking Capabilities
The SWOOD add-in for SOLIDWORKS provides woodworking CAD, CAM, and Automation modules to compete your projects faster.
- Woodworking Design: SWOOD Design allows you to quickly and easily create cabinetry and wooden products within the SOLIDWORKS 3D environment utilizing the core parametric capabilities. A complete drag and drop hardware library is included plus connectors, materials, cut lists, BOMs, and customized reporting.
- Woodworking CNC: SWOOD CAM provides the machining and manufacturing tools for all your wood projects. SWOOD CAM manages CNC machines and their specific technology. You can create your programs and production documents directly from within SOLIDWORKS.
- Woodworking Nesting: SWOOD Nesting is an add-on module for SWOOD CAM. It allows you to accurately nest your project parts onto wood panels for manufacture. Thanks to the nesting technology your wood panels will be optimized and material waste is reduced.
- Woodworking automation: SWOOD Center Service is a configurator that enables production automation on a large scale and can be linked to one of your company databases (ERP or MES).
- Timber construction: SWOOD BW (Beam & Wall) is software dedicated to timber and frame construction. Thanks to the 3D parametric design capabilities, SWOOD BW allows you to design your frame and produce the required build documentation.
SOLIDWORKS Woodworking Benefits
Because SWOOD works right inside SOLIDWORKS there are many benefits with the integration and using the power of SOLIDWORKS to create your woodworking content
Marketing Content Creation
As SWOOD works natively inside SOLIDWORKS you can take advantage of the existing add-in tools included with SOLIDWORKS Professional and Premium — including SOLIDWORKS Visualize to generate realistic imagery and animations for sales and marketing.
Assembly & User Manuals
Create user manuals and assembly instructions for your wood products with SWOOD documentation tools. Ensure that your products are not only manufactured correctly but also assembled and used correctly by end-users and customers with the reports and documentation generated by SWOOD.
Control & Collaboration
The current SWOOD version is always backward-compatible with the previous two versions of SOLIDWORKS allowing you to work with others easily. Plus SWOOD incudes SOLIDWORKS PDM integration allowing you to integrate SWOOD into your current process and ensure revision and change management for your project.
Learn more about SWOOD
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: