Are you ready to transform the way you manage your SOLIDWORKS Bills of Materials (BOM) and improve productivity?
A complete engineering definition of a finished product can consist of many different types of Bills of Materials. It can include logistical information, the engineering definition, and the manufacturing definition. The big challenge for design and manufacturing companies is how do you bring all of those together, and critically keep them up to date and in sync?
In just 30 minutes, learn how the cloud 3DEXPERIENCE platform connected to SOLIDWORKS® desktop provides you with a single solution for generating and managing both your engineering and manufacturing Bills of Materials.
Say good-bye to spreadsheets and manual data entry, and instead have all stakeholders collaborate in a single environment with a single version of the truth, that will help you reduce errors, rework, and delivery delays.
SOLIDWORKS Product Release Engineer Role
Featured in the on-demand webinar is the SOLIDWORKS Product Release Engineer role, a cloud-based solution built on the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, that provides a shared product definition enabling engineering and other teams to access up-to-date information and collaborate easily on product structures. Product Release Engineer helps you accelerate product definition by maximizing data reuse, reducing the complexity of product structure, simplifying product governance and ensuring adherence to corporate standards.
Key capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Product Release Engineer
- Access Engineering Items: Leverage a web-based dashboard to gain quick access to a list of engineering items owned by a user. The dashboard enables a “quick start” of a new engineering definition by narrowing the engineering items to those needed to start work.
- Initiate Advanced Product Definition: Carry-over an existing engineering definition using advanced re-use strategies to duplicate, reuse and exclude existing engineering definitions to save time and reduce content errors.
- Define Your Part Numbers: Set part numbers on engineering items according to your company strategy and ensure the right number is associated with the part early in the process.
- Manage Your Content and Lifecycle Maturity: Create the engineering definition and edition using engineering items that can be reused, edited, replaced, revised and released to ensure company form-fit-function practices are respected.
- Set Ownership of Your Engineering Items: Assign user responsibility of engineering items to ensure work allocation and sharing follows company strategy.
- Organize Your Smart Data: Personalize the engineering definition display and organization by selecting the desired view, grouping the displayed engineering items by certain attributes, reordering the columns and data filtering.
- Visualize Your 3D Models: Visualize and navigate your 3D model and its associated experiences to enhance understanding of the product engineering definition. Use a simple viewer with intuitive tools for non-CAD users to perform actions such as 3D visualization, annotation, rotation, sectioning and distance measurement.
Interested in taking your BOM to the cloud?
Discover SOLIDWORKS & 3DEXPERIENCE Works
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS cloud-based collaboration: