The SOLIDWORKS Sweep Feature has been enhanced for the SOLIDWORKS 2016 release. There is a new Circular Profile option to create a solid rod or hollow tube along a sketch line, edge, or curve directly on a model without having to sketch. This enhancement is available for Swept Boss/Base, Swept Cut, and Swept Surface features.
Enhanced SOLIDWORKS Sweep Feature
In this example I’ll create a swept rod onto a pool slide surface without creating a circular profile sketch:
- To start I’ll select Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Pick the new Circular profile option from the PropertyManager.
- Specify a size for the profile in this example I’ll enter 50mm.
- Then pick a path for the sweep, in this example I’ll pick an edge of the slide surface, a preview of the sweep will be displayed:
- Pick OK and the swept feature will be added to the model as shown in the example below:
Learn more about the Sweep Feature
Attend our Advanced Part Modeling training course either in-class or online to learn more about using the SOLIDWORKS Sweep feature.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: