For years now, companies have been automating their design engineering process to get products to market faster and more efficiently. That being said, technical communication remains under-automated. With SOLIDWORKS Composer, companies can remove the bottleneck by creating technical documentation as part of their design process.
What is Technical communication?
Technical communication is the process of creating user manuals, assembly instructions, diagrams and other technical data about your product. The reason this is so important is because it can directly affect the end-user satisfaction with your product.
- Good assembly instructions reduce losses from errors in manufacturing
- Good packaging instructions help reduce losses from dropped/damaged goods in shipping
- Detailed models of products in development will help your pre sales team close advance orders quicker
The challenges with technical communication
The challenge with technical communication is that it is a bottleneck to business growth and competitiveness. This is because Engineers are expected to not only design the parts but also create annotated documents of the parts after they are created. Unfortunately the documents cannot be created during the designing stage, because if there are any changes to the models the documents are useless and need to be updated.
Quickly and easily create documents with Composer
With SOLIDWORKS Composer anyone in your company can quickly create compelling technical communication materials with little to no CAD experience. This opens up time for the Engineers at your company to focus on R&D. Another advantage that Composer offers is the ability to reuse and repurpose 2D and 3D graphics. So that each project doesn’t have to start from scratch.
Since Composer works directly with your 2D and 3D CAD data; users can extract information directly from the source, manipulate, annotate and publish the finished work in a fraction of the time it took before. In a few clicks you can produce professional documentation automatically.
Additional benefits of Composer
When creating Technical Documentation with SOLIDWORKS Composer you can also:
- Create detailed visual assembly/disassembly instructions that don’t require text
- Generate a Bill of Material (BOM) that automatically updates
- Create beautiful “how-to” animations for product CD’s or online instructions
- Build your documentation in parallel with product design & development for faster time to market
- Provide a better product experience by allowing customers to be more self-sufficient
SOLIDWORKS Composer is an easy to learn software that can be used by both non-engineers and engineers alike to create professional technical documentation. Click here for more information or to receive a quote.
Certified SOLIDWORKS Services available from Javelin
Javelin can help you to: