Until SOLIDWORKS 2019 SOLIDWORKS Rx used to get installed automatically by default only with SOLIDWORKS installation.
And now in SOLIDWORKS 2020, SOLIDWORKS Rx now supports SOLIDWORKS Composer and installs by default when SOLIDWORKS Composer 2020 is installed. When we have different sorts of issues with Composer — for example performance issues, the Problem Capture tab in SOLIDWORKS Rx can help us to collect files, videos, log files, and settings that can be shared with a technical support team for troubleshooting.
NOTE: SOLIDWORKS Composer will only be shown in the SOLIDWORKS RX 2020 capture drop down list if you have installed the 2020 version of Composer.
Here are the steps of how to use Rx Tool to capture composer issues when reporting problems to Javelin technical support:
- Go to the Help icon on the right of Composer user interface > SOLIDWORKS Rx tool.
- This will launch SOLIDWORKS Rx 2020 > Go to Problem Capture Tab.
- In the Capture section, choose the application to capture from the drop down list, in our case: SW Composer
- Click Record Video > it gives a pop-up message to use current composer session or restart SW Composer.
- SOLIDWORKS Rx now records the active SOLIDWORKS Composer session, perform all the steps that you would like to be recorded in the video to report to the Javelin technical support team. Now click finish recording > right away the capture icon will show green check-mark as it’s done.
- Add files option allows us to add additional files f needed.
- Now once all the required information is added > Click on Package files.
- This will let us package the files in the Package section into a .ZIP file and send it, along with a description of the problem.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS Composer
To learn more about SOLIDWORKS Composer attend our SOLIDWORKS Composer Essentials training course either in a classroom near you or live online.