Center marks are annotations that mark circle or arc centers and describe the geometry size on the drawing.
With the Center Mark tool, we can create a center mark or a center point on circular edges. The center mark lines can also be used as references for dimensions.
Center marks can be shown in three various styles such as:
- Single center marks (Regular) – angular center marks
- Linear Center marks
- Circular Center mark
Angular Center marks:
Angular center marks can be used as long as we are working with the linear center marks. Here is how we can use them:
- Go to Annotation Tab on Command Manager
- Click on Center Mark
- This opens the Center Mark property Manager
- Make sure the Linear Center mark icon is selected under Manual Insert options section.
- Now scroll to the bottom of Center mark property manager and type in the value for the angle you want for center mark > hit enter
- Click on the circular edges to add center marks.
Note: To show angular and single (regular) center marks on same view , you will have to use center mark tool twice separately for both types. All 4 center- marks can’t be placed right away by using center mark tool once.
Learn more about Drawings
To learn more about SOLIDWORKS Drawings attend our SOLIDWORKS Drawings training course either in a classroom near you or live online.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: