In a perfect world, you’ve remembered to switch into offline mode ahead of losing access, but if you’re forgetful and impatient (like myself), there is an option to make this switch within the registry, without having to wait for the delayed login prompt when the server can’t be found by the client
WARNING! – Only complete this change if you are comfortable with the Windows Registry. Accidental changes to the registry can render your system inoperable, exercising extreme caution is required when making any registry edits.
- Start Regedit.msc and navigate to;
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Vaults\[vaultname]
- RMB within this key > New > DWORD
- Set the New Value Name as ‘Offline‘
- and the Value Data as ‘1‘
- Then the PDM client will be instantly switched to offline mode, without having to wait for the login prompt;
NOTE: If you’ve used offline mode previously, the registry key may already exist. In this scenario we can just switch the Value Data to ‘1‘
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: