With SOLIDWORKS 3D Sculptor, users can create organic shapes easily and interact with discrete, parametric modeling tools like SOLIDWORKS 3D Creator. 3D Sculptor is an immensely powerful asset in the creation of unique and complex consumer product designs. Learn how it works in the video tutorial below
What is SOLIDWORKS 3D Sculptor?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Sculptor (xShape) is a browser-based 3D subdivision modeling solution that enables industrial designers, engineers and artists to create stylized ergonomically or organically shaped models faster and more easily than traditional parametric tools. Built on the cloud-based Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, 3D Sculptor complements the parametric workflows of SOLIDWORKS Desktop 3D CAD with intuitive subdivision modeling and a seamless interchange of design data.
SOLIDWORKS 3D Sculptor Capabilities
- Push-pull interaction: Create complex surfaces quickly using intuitive push-pull interaction
- Sketch Guides: Use images and sketches as a guide to create 3D surface geometry.
- Surfaces to NURBS Conversion: Automatically convert subdivision surfaces to NURBS (Non-uniform rotational b-spline) geometry when finished.
- Modeling Environments: Seamlessly switch between conceptual modeling and detailed modeling environments and eliminate the need for rework.
- Flexible development cycle: Make changes to the product shape at any point in the development cycle without the need to re-model. Changes propagate to parts, assemblies, drawings, mold tooling and CAM data.
- Assembly: Eliminate the need to plan your assembly structure up front. Make model changes at any time in a single modeling environment for parts and assemblies.
Interested in the SOLIDWORKS Cloud Offer?
Visit our website to learn how the SOLIDWORKS® Cloud Offer brings nine powerful next-generation design solutions together running on the cloud based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform providing a complete product development solution.
SOLIDWORKS Cloud Offer Resources
Learn more about the SOLIDWORKS Cloud offer with our resources: