Build components, assemblies and enclosures with an intuitive, browser-based solution that offers associative parametric sheet metal design capabilities. Its specialized 3D sheet metal design environment helps you streamline how you create, validate and manage designs.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS 3D SheetMetal Creator in the video below:
Advantages of SOLIDWORKS 3D SheetMetal Creator for sheet metal design
SOLIDWORKS 3D SheetMetal Creator offers a wide range of design tools via a web browser to design and develop sheet metal components and assemblies with ease. How will 3D SheetMetal Creator streamline your daily workflows and maximize your productivity? Here’s what you need to know:
- Browser-based sheet metal design: Cloud-native on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, 3D SheetMetal Creator gives you the freedom and flexibility to design on your own terms anywhere, anytime, with no installation or updates necessary.
- Focused user interface and feature set: 3D SheetMetal Creator’s user experience is tailored to specialized sheet metal processes, making it easy to learn with a predictive, interactive interface that is intuitive and intelligent. You can use its specialized feature set to deliver significant productivity gains for sheet metal design by removing the guesswork from complex folded shapes.
- Design Assistant: You don’t have to design alone anymore. 3D SheetMetal Creator contains a built-in machine learning engine that predicts your next move to help automate design tasks and reduce repetitive workflows.
- Single Modeling Environment: 3D SheetMetal Creator gives you the opportunity to focus on what you do best: innovate. The single modeling environment facilitates sheet metal assembly designs by reducing timely assembly structure planning.
- Verify flat patterns for design manufacturability: Ensure your design can be made with one-touch flat patterns that stay up to date with the 3D model at all times. Review flat patterns to identify interferences or problem areas to eliminate design flaws and limit costly production delays.
3D SheetMetal Creator Features
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, 3D SheetMetal Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform. 3D SheetMetal Creator features:
- Sheet metal-specific feature set: Improve design productivity by using the sheet metal-specific feature set and context toolbars such as walls, flanges and corner reliefs.
- Work on the web: Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
- Single-modeling environment: Utilize an intuitive single-modeling environment to convert features to components, and components to assemblies, making enclosure assembly design more flexible and efficient.
- Avoid Constraints: Rapidly create and iterate designs in a matter of clicks, avoiding the assembly structure constraints and upfront planning required by traditional CAD applications.
- 3D & 2D Designs: Create complex 3D sheet metal models for press brake manufacturing, and automatically generate 2D patterns that update instantly with the folded geometry.
- Use existing geometry as reference: Utilize existing mechanical or electrical assemblies as reference geometry to model enclosures and easily insert commercial, off-the-shelf items into sheet metal assemblies.
- Import data: Bring in 3D data from SOLIDWORKS®, CATIA®, Solid Edge®, Inventor® and STEP and IGES to complete your assemblies.
Get 3D SheetMetal Creator with SOLIDWORKS Cloud Offer
The new SOLIDWORKS Cloud Offer helps designers and manufacturers to push the boundaries of product development from concept to production with a secure platform featuring innovative design tools, and built-in data management and collaboration in the cloud. Learn more about the SOLIDWORKS Cloud Offer »
Certified SOLIDWORKS Services available from Javelin
Javelin can help you to: