With the new Manufacturing Definition Creator 3DEXPERIENCE Works Role you can accelerate downstream processes with 3D model-based dimensions, tolerances and annotations while easily creating 2D drawings from them as needed. Learn more about the new role below:
Build on the cloud for cloud collaboration
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, and included with the SOLIDWORKS Cloud Offer, the Manufacturing Definition Creator is a browser-based solution that enables you to define products in a more integrated, flexible and intelligent way, combining the benefits of a model-based enterprise with the ease of 2D drawings. It stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
Leverage model-based workflows to create a single source of truth between 2D and 3D definition with annotations, dimensions and tolerances that always stay up-to-date and synchronized across both forms of definition. The combination of 2D and 3D definition delivers next-generation flexibility, empowering you to choose the best output for the job and removing the restriction to use only model-based or drawing-based definition.
Manufacturing Definition Creator Key Capabilities
- Convey design requirements and specifications directly on your model, reducing discrepancies and ensuring an always up-to-date connection between definition and engineering.
- Leverage model-based definition to communicate and automate downstream manufacturing steps, such as machining and inspection.
- Eliminate costly errors, reduce rework and keep definition in sync by seamlessly sharing annotations, dimensions and tolerances between 2D and 3D to produce 2D drawings.
- Make changes with confidence. Annotations, dimensions and tolerances update automatically with model changes for both the model-based definition and 2D drawings.
Capabilities of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
With its growing solution portfolio and secure cloud technology, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables you to manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity. All 3DEXPERIENCE solutions work together seamlessly, simplifying data management, sharing and collaboration across your entire business ecosystem. Manufacturing Definition Creator enables you to take advantage of the platform’s multiple capabilities:
- Drive innovation by enabling seamless collaboration in the cloud, accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, keeping all stakeholders up-to-date at every stage in the process.
- Store all your design data in a centralized, secure location in the cloud.
- Manage the life cycle of any type of content—such as 3D design files, 2D drawings, simulation models and documentation across disciplines and CAD applications.
- Streamline data management with built-in revision control and branching.
- Navigate tabular and 3D design data simultaneously, and easily validate the differences between two product structures.
- View, share, annotate, discuss, visualize and manage designs from any device with a web browser.
- Define models created in the browser-based design roles such as SOLIDWORKS 3D Creator and 3D SheetMetal Creator, as well as models imported from outside of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
Interested in 3DEXPERIENCE Works?
Discover SOLIDWORKS & 3DEXPERIENCE Works
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS cloud-based collaboration: