Here is my make-up tip for the month: Buy your make-up products from The Body Shop. They are committed to protecting the earth and do not test their products on animals. I included some notes from their website below:
Our commitment to seeking and sustaining natural materials and ingredients, and using all our planet’s resources wisely, guides our approach to business. We set challenging environmental targets, which we detail in our bi-annual Values Reports. We were one of the first to make a stand against animal testing in the cosmetics industry, and through The Body Shop Foundation, we continue to fund organisations campaigning to end the needless suffering of animals.
Some initiatives they have supported:
- We became the first cosmetics company to source sustainably harvested palm oil and introduce the ingredient into the beauty industry, working in partnership with a certified organic producer in Colombia, in 2007.
- In early 2008 we introduced 100% PCR bottles (post consumer recycled) while all our PET bottles (polyethylene terephthalate) currently contain at the minimum 30% recycled material, with a target to convert to 100% within the next 12 months.
- Our unique Community Trade program creates sustainable trading relationships with disadvantaged communities around the world and provides essential income to more than 25,000 people across the globe.
- We have committed to becoming Carbon Neutral by 2010, ensuring that carbon dioxide emissions from the company’s core retail business worldwide are reduced.
- We’re committed to trading ethically – our sourcing team is trained in ethical audits and we only trade with suppliers who are committed to our Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Posts related to 'Sustainable Make-Up Products'
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.