The information below is available from the Web Server Guide, which can be accessed from the Help file of SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Administration. I have been asked often enough about this aspect of the Web Server set-up, that I believed it was worth breaking it into its own blog article.
If the security settings are set too high in Internet Explorer, the installation may not start. A warning message that the Web client cannot be initialized will be displayed.
Check security settings by Accessing the Windows Control Panel and selecting Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab and lower the default Level.
- Add the Web Share to trusted sites.
- Customize the security level to allow ActiveX components to be installed.
If the system has a content blocker, such as a virus scanning utility or pop-up blocker, the Active X control might be prevented from installing.
- Allow pop-ups for URLs
- Disable the content blocker.
The user lacks sufficient permissions to perform the initial ActiveX Web client installation.
- Increase the users’ computer account permissions to allow them to install Web client components.
- Have an administrator log in and install the Web client components.
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: