If you have tried applying SOLIDWORKS Composer texture, you know that textures can be applied on individual actors only. Here is little workaround if you want to apply textures on individual faces rather than the entire actor.
- Select the desired actor
- Go to the Geometry Tab on the Ribbon Toolbar
- Click on Explode (This splits the actor into individual faces.
- Apply the desired texture on each of the individual faces
- Once you are done applying textures, select all the faces that were created from the explode process
- Use the Merge command to stitch the free faces back into a Solid body
Watch the video for a quick demonstration.