I have had the opportunity to preview the new functionality in SOLIDWORKS 2016 and I am excited to be once again hosting our Annual Launch Event for the new SOLIDWORKS release in October. Like every release of SOLIDWORKS, there are literally hundreds of enhancements and once again there is a good mix of user requested time savers and innovation. One thing that has been rolled out subtly in anticipation of the new release is the revamp of 3DContentCentral (www.3dcontentcentral.com).
One of the biggest changes that I really like is how easy it is to embed 3D models from 3DContentCentral into your own website. With this addition, it is just as easy to add 3D content to your website as it is to add a video from YouTube. Check out the Minion model below which I embedded into this blog page in about 10 seconds!
How to embed eDrawings Models
1. First visit 3DContentCentral at www.3dcontentcentral.com
2. Then search for a model that you want to embed into your website e.g. bearing
3. Select the model required from the search results
4. In the model page in the left-hand column under the eDrawings window is a form box containing the inline frame embed code, select and copy the embed code to your clipboard
5. Access your website or blog and paste the embed code into the code view of your page, example code is shown below. You can adjust the width and height pixel values to suit the space
<iframe scrolling='no' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen='true' src='http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/external-site-embed.aspx?format=3D&catalogid=364&modelid=1217&width=250&height=250&edraw=true' name='PreviewFrame3D' id='PreviewFrame3D' width='400' height='355'></iframe><br/><a href='http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/download-model.aspx?catalogid=364&id=1217'>Download</a>
6. When the page is rendered the embedded eDrawings model will be displayed as shown in the example above
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS 2016
We are looking forward to showing you the new release on October 1st and October 6th. Please visit our registration page to learn more about the Broadcast events coming soon.