When upgrading the SOLIDWORKS PDM file vault to a new version, the add-ins in the vault will not automatically update. You can view a step by step guide to upgrading the Task Add-in. In this article, we are going to look at upgrading the Dispatch Add-in.
It is recommended to run the same major and service pack version of the Dispatch add-in as the current major and service pack version of SOLIDWORKS PDM.
First, we need to remove the existing SOLIDWORKS PDM Dispatch Add-in (don’t worry you won’t lose any existing scripts):
- Step 1: Administration Tool > Add-ins > Dispatch > Right-Click > Remove
- Note if installing for the first time, skip to step 2
- Step 2: Administration Tool > File > Open
- Change the filter to show “.caf” files
- Browse to the installation location for PDM and the “Default Data” folder (by default the path is “C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS PDM\Default Data”)
- Click to Open Dispatch.caf
- Step 3: Drag-and-drop the Dispatch add-in into the Administration Tool Add-ins
- Step 4: Close the Admin Tool and Reboot the client workstation
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: