The SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager is a self-contained installer to assist with the download and installation of SOLIDWORKS products. Launching Setup.exe should open the Installation Manager window and immediately provide several options. If you experience a blank or empty window, the following solutions should assist.
Solution #1: Extracting From Compressed File
Receiving a compressed (zipped) folder of the full installation files is convenient as a single file download. The ZIP file will need to be extracted before the installation can begin. The following two solutions can be used.
Option A: Prior to extraction, right-click on the ZIP file and choose Properties. On the General tab, click Unblock (if available) and click Apply/OK. Then you can right-click on the ZIP and Extract All…
Option B: Use another extraction tool aside from the default Windows option, such as 7-ZIP.
Solution #2: Unblocking HTML for uncompressed files
If the installation files have already been extracted or were not compressed to begin with, there are 4 (four) HTML files that can be unblocked.
- Browse to the downloaded installation file location <downloads>\sldim\lang\english\HTML
- Right-click on frameset.html and select properties from the shortcut menu
- If there is an ‘Unblock’ checkbox, select this checkbox and click Apply
- Repeat this process for all HTML files in the folder if they are blocked (framesetstartup.html, header.html, navpanestartup.html)
- Re-launch the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager process
Solution #3: Reset Internet Browser
Try resetting your Internet Browser settings to default, close the browser and re-launch the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: