Manufacturing Definition Creator 3DEXPERIENCE Role
This role allows users to define specifications directly on 3D models for intuitive authoring and interpretation. The annotated 3D models can be analyzed and acted upon by manufacturing software to automate production.
All-in-one manufacturing document creation environment
For manufacturers who want to avoid 2D drawing miscommunications and automate downstream production, Manufacturing Definition Creator (formerly Product Document Creator) is a browser-based role that defines, organizes and communicates design requirements and specifications directly onto your 3D models. Note the role does not include a 3D modeler or support building 3D models.
Unlike separate 2D drawings, Manufacturing Definition Creator helps manufacturers reduce communication ambiguity, cut costs and speed up time to market.
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, Product Document Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
SOLIDWORKS Manufacturing Definition Creator Capabilities
Communicate product and manufacturing information (PMI) directly in 3D
Define 3D annotations directly and intuitively on 3D models, reduce manufacturing miscommunications to improve quality.
Create 3D Views
Organize 3D annotations into curated 3D views for easier definitions and interpretations.
Define intelligent 3D annotations to automate manufacturing processes such as tolerance analysis and machining.
Cut the number of documents to create and maintain, due to more integrated product definitions.
Automate downstream manufacturing steps such as machining and inspection with intelligent (machine-readable) annotations
Wide range of Annotations
Add dimensions, tolerances, datum symbols, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and balloons.
Capture Model Views
Capture 3D views at desired perspectives and zoom levels, show and hide individual annotations.
Deploy product faster, gain instant access and eliminate maintenance via cloud-based delivery.
Export a list of 3D views in 2D MS Word or PDF document to share and print in hard copies for production
Work in your browser
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
3DEXPERIENCE Platform Features
SOLIDWORKS Manufacturing Definition Creator can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
Store on the cloud
Store everything in the cloud with a storage solution that understands the relationships between the different files you create.
- Storing and managing your design files on the cloud. 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services centralizes all of your cloud file management, simplifies your workflows, and improves productivity by allowing you to view, search, and share all your files, regardless of where they are stored.
- Viewing your business information in one central location, regardless of the size of your company. With 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services, you can view the latest world news related to your product or project, see what your team is talking about, present and share your metrics with executives and customers, capture notes, and store them in one location or share them with others.
Collaborate on Ideas
Build communities with 3DSWYM to share and collaborate on ideas and information for any project you are working on.
- Accessing a global community of experts and colleagues to be the best design/engineering professional you can be. With 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services you can get answers to difficult engineering challenges, learn new skills, and share your knowledge and expertise with access to global online communities.
- Collaborating and connecting everyone involved in designing your products, and feedback from your customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Training to improve your professional skills with access to hundreds of online tutorials available through 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services.
Access Industrial Service Providers
The 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace provides on-demand capabilities for getting your products from design to manufacturing. It offers services for both manufacturing and intelligent part sourcing capabilities.
- Make - Leverage a worldwide ecosystem of qualified industrial manufacturing service providers and identify the best partner based on your specifications, across all manufacturing processes: 3D Printing, CNC Machining, Injection molding, sheet metal and more.
- Part Supply - Source components directly from your design environment, with the most comprehensive and intelligent online 3D components catalog.
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe—no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Working on the Cloud
Learn about the 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services