On occasion I get asked “why are there SOLIDWORKS PDM Grey Folders or files in the Local Vault View?”
A grey folder or file is located in the cache of the Local Vault View, but is not present in the Archive vault. Here are reasons why grey folders or files would be present in your local vault view:
- The folder or file has been deleted, or renamed on a different client
- The logged in user lacks the permissions to see the folder or file, but a user with sufficient permissions has previously cached the folder or file locally.
- The file was added to the Local Vault view, while in offline mode.
- An error occurred while the file was being added to the vault.
- The user setting Show only local files is checked.
SOLIDWORKS and PDM subscription customers can learn more about addressing these issues by visiting the SOLIDWORKS Customer portal and searching the SolidWorks Knowledge base.
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: