During the install of the SOLIDWORKS PDM Archive Server, you’re prompted to ‘Set the default admin login password’:
Then when creating a new vault, you’re provided options to either set the default password or create a new ‘specific’ SOLIDWORKS PDM Vault Admin Password:
If (like in the above screenshot) you opt to create a SOLIDWORKS PDM Vault Admin Password, this can sometimes lead to the default password getting lost or forgotten. The default password is useful if you ever need to reset a vault specific password, or have multiple vaults and want to keep the password consistent. In the following article, we’re going to look at how to reset a default password if it is ever lost or forgotten.
How To Reset the Default Admin password
- Login to the archive server with local administrative permissions
- Open the registry editor
- Start > Run > regedit
WARNING: Please be very careful when editing or deleting any entries in the Windows Registry as changing the wrong entry can lead to major issues on your system.
- Navigate to; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ArchiveServer\ConisioUsers
- Delete the key ‘Admin’
- Start the Archive Server Configuration Tool
- Start > Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > Archive Server Configuration
- Archive Server Configuration Tool > Tools > Default Settings
- Login Page > Admin User > Password
- Enter the new password
- Note; The current password will be blank at this point.
- After hitting OK the ‘Admin’ key will be recreated in the registry and the new password set